PDA

View Full Version : Northern Aviation

mmeteesside
6th Mar 2008, 11:27
Heard yesterday whilst on my uni open day at Leeds that Northern were to be getting 'a jet' soon. Presumably this will be a Citation. They already operate 2 Beech 200's and possibly took delivery of a Beech 90 a few days ago (N41AK :confused:). Seem to be doing well and Durham Tees is an up and coming bizjet destination! :ok:

3PARA
6th Mar 2008, 15:16
Definately didn't take delivery of N41AK

GLAir
16th Mar 2008, 17:07
Northern have got N41AK don't no how long it's on lease for but it is doing flights out of MME

youngskywalker
16th Mar 2008, 19:55
N41AK is not connected with any 'Northern Aviation' business I can assure you.:ok:

mmeteesside
16th Mar 2008, 20:07
It left on Wednesday and hasn't returned since, though it was sat here for a week and a half only going out on one day in the middle. Anyone know why it was here for so long?

learjet50
18th Mar 2008, 20:47
Please be assured no American Registered Aircraft would be allowed onto a CAA/EASA AOCN41Ak is private and is not allowed to be used for any Public Transpot flightsIf it has been doing Charters they are IllegalI dont know may people at Northern Aviation but I assure you unless they have had a dramatic U turn they would not risk anything as stupid as this.If they have GOODBYE A O C

Miles Magister
18th Mar 2008, 22:53
The owner of Northern has been flying NikNak for the owners because their own pilot has unfortunately fallen ill.

Good luck to them all as the people at Northern are nice guys and the regular pilot of NikNak is a nice guy, get well soon.

MM

youngskywalker
18th Mar 2008, 23:45
All above correct, nothing dodgy or illeagal going on, the regular pilot of N41AK is offline and the 2nd Pilot is a useless git! :ok:

trainee_flyboy
19th Mar 2008, 09:06
mmeteeside, are Leeds still doing bits with Northern and the flying school over there? Wondered if that might happen when LFS was bought out by Cloud 9

mmeteesside
7th Apr 2008, 12:35
Yes Northern still have the Leeds contract and they do have a few of the Cessna's pretty much dedicated to the University flying.

mmeteesside
12th Aug 2008, 17:06
It would seem Northern have sold the 2nd Beech G-OMGI now - certainly hasn't been to DTVA in a while leaving just the original G-ONAL. Anyone know the reason behind this? AL seems as busy as it usually is.

Monkey Boy
12th Aug 2008, 19:07
Didn't think G-OMGI was theirs to sell, I was under the impression that they had it on a management contract :confused:

Flyer2008
12th Aug 2008, 21:02
Northern do NOT own G-OMGI they just Operated It.

mmeteeside - I would like to point out that Your understanding/belief that G-OMGI is sold is Incorrect. G-OMGI was operated by Northern on there AOC under an agreement with the Owner. Any decision to Sell or Market G-OMGI was solely at the decision of the Owner and the Owner only and please note that Northern Aviation have nothing to do with any reasons for the Sale of this aircraft.

I hope that helps clear up any misunderstanding or assumptions that may have been made

mmeteesside
12th Aug 2008, 21:13
Ah right so they operated it on behalf of it's owners - I didn't know that! Cheers for the info!

Flyer2008
12th Aug 2008, 21:21
mmteeside - No problem. Trust me i'm right. I'm the one selling G-OMGI !

So please remember that if anyone is making any suggestions that maybe Northern are in trouble or something simply because one aircraft has disappeared dosent mean anything and they are so far from the truth.

You know what its like ... Tongues start to wag !!! Hopefully this has put an end to any rumours that may be bouncing around.