PDA

View Full Version : Inbound Private Jets to USA to be screened

AA SLF
6th Mar 2008, 03:50
Here is a link to this story from MSNBC http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23488720/

I am wondering what effect this will have on total flight time crossing the pond. On increased costs for "screening site" landing/takeoff in terms of fuel?

It ain't gonna be pretty is my guess.

Since the big scare is nuclear I reckon all you pilots with BIG WATCHES with Iradium dials/hands may cause a knot in the TSA undies . . . :eek:

Touchdown
6th Mar 2008, 08:34
So it's ok for aircraft to land in someone elses country - just so long as they dont get into the US. What is going on in their heads! Why not just screen on arrival inside the US? NIMBY's that just want to pass any threat to their neighbours!

init2winit
6th Mar 2008, 09:21
What are we going to do about?
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=310515&highlight=security

Ans: Probably nothing because our Government is in bed with them:ugh:

Philmacavity
6th Mar 2008, 11:58
I think the French had the right idea!! ALL US pilots now have to have a valid visa BEFORE arriving in France!! The Yanks make it difficult for us to get into their country... Why shouldn't we do the same?!?! What with TSA Waiver, APIS, 178 forms, visas and now radiation screening, how many hoops do you have to jump through?? Are they trying to alienate the international business community??
Its not as if the CBP officers are even courteous in the manor which they go about this radiation screening. Although I have not experienced it, I have heard many reports of them being arrogant and darn right rude in the way they treat the crew AND passengers!! Ok, they have a job to do and 'are following orders' but a little courtesy wouldn't go a miss!!

thedeadseawasonlysick
6th Mar 2008, 14:02
Have just returned from Teterboro. Had to wait 15 minutes as only one officer on duty and was clearing another A/C. When she arrived, couldn't have been nicer. Had to shut the APU down, quick sweep with a radiation meter, checked passports and done. And that was with a Russian Pax who didn't speak very much English. I've had a harder time arriving in the UK. This trip wasn't necessarily the norm, but it shows that there are some humans out there.

PS: Philmacavity, did the CBP really visit you in a large house in the country? Sorry, I know it's an open invitation for you to trawl through my posts, looking for mistakes, but I couldn't resist.

Philmacavity
7th Mar 2008, 12:51
LOL... I wuz away the day they did spelling at skool!!

;)

Duck Rogers
7th Mar 2008, 23:41
Occasionally, when I'm really really bored, I correct smelling pisstakes, grammar and the like in posts. It's good practice for my children when they don't have homework to do. Somehow though, if I did, it would negate the last couple of posts so I won't.

You guys ruin all my fun. :rolleyes: