PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Aviation?

Louie
23rd Mar 2001, 05:00
Hi there

Anyone out there currently flying in corporate or charter aviation able to give me some insight into the nature of the job?

Routes, hours flown, non flying duties, experience levels and pay rates would be much appreciated

Thanks

rick1128
29th Mar 2001, 20:38
Louie, you need to make a choice. They are at opposite ends of the spectrem.

Charter. No set routes, no set passengers. Pay depends on area, experience, aircraft and position. Ranges from very poor to reasonable. Experience levels depend on company and aircraft. I'm flying Lears with 1000 hour copilots. Two years ago they would have had at least 1500 to 2000 hours. The hours vary greatly, depending on company and month. I've flown a 10 hour month and I've had 100+ months.

Non flying duties range from none to what ever the company can get away with.

Corporate may or may not have set routes. They tend to have places they go regularly. You will deal with many of the same people. It is definately a people oriented job.

Corporations tend to be more experience heavy than charter companies, however personalites also play a big part.

Pay depends on company, equipment and hours flown annually. Generally they will be around the NBAA, Pro Pilot and BCA average. Non flying duties range from none to alot. However generally you will have some. Annual hours average around 500 for the industry. But I worked for one company where I flew less than 100 hours and at another company I flew just under 800 hours.

Good luck