PDA

View Full Version : ACASS

mikeFC
5th Mar 2008, 19:25
Hello to all,

I am in talks with ACASS with reards to some contract flying. More specifically it is in the DA2000 and it would be 30 days in Mumbai.
I would appreciate any info on ACASS, that specific rotation (should anyone have done it) and Mumbai in general (June-July, which I guess is moonson season).

Thanks lot.

mikeFC

Duck Rogers
5th Mar 2008, 20:30
Until someone comes along 'Search' will get you going.

Duck

mikeFC
6th Mar 2008, 00:11
Thanks Duck.

chandlers dad
17th Mar 2008, 14:07
They will do what the contract says, unlike other Canadian head hunters and you will get paid for everything (expenses and salary) at contracts end. If its not in the contract, you probably will not get it. Negotiate your deal up front and the more they want you, the better the conditions and pay.

Do NOT trust anything told to you on the phone by any of the office staff who do not wear a skirt, but the ladies are usually straight shooters. That said, they are told to lie by the people above them and at times its done. Get it in writing, period.

Regarding India. Make sure that you have the hotel situation nailed down. Do not settled for a "3 or 4 star" hotel, make sure its in writing that its a Marriott, Hilton or the like as the girls in the office do not know that the hotel is like and rely on the internet adverts. Get the girls to let you book your own hotels for you and the crew.

Also ACASS will advance you some funds, so ask for it before heading out.

butlerbunch
14th Jun 2008, 18:16
It is the first time I am looking into the option of contracting with ACASS. I am a Falcon 2000EX EAsy Captain and considering the option of taking a tour in India or the Ukraine. Can anyone (specifically pilots who have flown here before) comment on if this is worth doing? How is ACASS to work for/with? Are you flying every day? Do you have work rules? Any information, short or long, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chandlers dad
22nd Jul 2008, 16:37
Every tour or contract varies. Some you sit a lot, and some you fly every day. You just cannot tell.

ACASS will support you with things like when the employer puts you in a 2 star hotel, and such. As well they pretty much abide by commercial flight and duty time regs. If the owner of the aircraft tries to push you, call Montreal and they will call the owner and fix things most of the time.

frontlefthamster
22nd Jul 2008, 20:55
butlerbunch...

It's 'Ukraine'...

Not 'The Ukraine'...

Same as it's 'England'...

Not 'The England'!

Step 1: Don't upset the locals...

B200Drvr
23rd Jul 2008, 10:34
Did a one year contract for them, had no problems, money paid in full, on time every time.

buger T
23rd Jul 2008, 12:13
Duh yeah, it's monsoon season! Don't know about ACASS since they screwed me over but I know they screwed over lots of guys when I did contract work for them.

Yep, I can give an opinion because I worked for them. Let's see, humm. First couple went ok. I was low time then so flew as a co-pilot. First guy was a psycho who was fired very quickly for his mouth. Replaced him with an idiot for who later earned my respect.

Next contract was still as co-pilot/seat warmer, flew with a complete psycho again (aircraft was down for maintenance and would be that way for at least two weeks while this guy is telling me when and where to go and that I should report to him daily...NO FLYING FOR TWO WEEKS NO AIRCRAFT AVAILABLE....HELLO control freak) I quickly set him straight.

Last but not least. The final contract ended abruptly when yet again I was saddled with a complete idiot who had never been a corporate captain, never seen a VIP and the only jet he had ever flown was the one we were flying because he was a SIM INSTRUCTOR!!! He got me fired after a few weeks when the client was bypassing his four stripes and coming to me for help and advice and flight schedules. Oh yeah, flew home from the Far East in Coach. Direct conflict with the useless 'contract' I signed AND had a real problem getting paid. Had to go to the top of the chain to freakin get paid.

Get your money up front. I know you won't ask for it but anyone who is doing contract work needs to get paid UP FRONT. A real problem with contract pilots, well actually two, doing it for too little pay and flying with psychoes who cant keep regular jobs 'cause they are freakin psychoes.

Now if your some kind of a** who wants to give me a hard time 'bout my negative post, attitude or grammar go ahead I LIKE IT!!!

Well I've taken care of your spelling and (some grammar/punctuation) free of charge which reduces options for a fight. Next time I'll charge you though. ;)

Duck

happyjack
23rd Jul 2008, 12:39
Buger T

I'm gonna give you a hard time for making me spill my coffee laughing so much! Got any more? I love it!:D

globalchild
23rd Jul 2008, 16:11
Buger T, I think you should seriously look into MasterCard, because that was truly "Priceless"!

Well done!!

NZ X man
25th Jul 2008, 23:18
I am on an acass contract based from Mumbai, so far so good, the salary and per diem show up on time as stated in the contract, they have gotten biz class tickets to and from, and they will do what ever they can to help you out concerneing contract travel and allow you to work the rotation out with the other crew members. We are on a 6 week on 6 week off rotation, I extended a bit but was given a financial incentive by the Indian company, which was suggested to me by my acass manager. I have so far been treated fairly , but your initial negotiations with acass must be firm and to your approval, because that is what you will live with.

As I speak, they are a stand up company, and you can fall back on them if the Indian operator trys to push you in a direction you know you do not want or will not go.

Cheers:ok:

X man

Silly Pilot
8th Aug 2009, 04:55
All they offer now is Economy class, low pay and if shat hits the fan, the pilot will pay ACASS big money. They also want you to sign a contract saying that you can not post on a board or talk to a fellow crew member.
Good thing, that I did not fall for it.
Thanks for the tips.

You get what you did not bargain for!

NZ X man
12th Aug 2009, 21:00
I was on the Sovereign in Mumbai.

G-SPOTs Lost
12th Aug 2009, 21:51
Is that the one with the ex indian air force captain -ship no eighty something?

NZ X man
13th Aug 2009, 00:13
VT-VEB was the tail number, might at one time had an ex air force guy, most of the operators do. Last hire was a direct hire from Canada, even ACASS did not see it coming. Young but talented f/o of Indian decent.

G-SPOTs Lost
13th Aug 2009, 04:39
yep thats the one - into copper mining if I recall

weido_salt
13th Aug 2009, 05:14
NZ x man

That would make sense would it not? Why use pimps, to supply pilot needs with exorbitant fees charged, when they can recruit for themselves?

Any outfit will have it's own HR department to take care of day to day needs.