PDA

View Full Version : Thailand Aviation Regulations in English

cchris
5th Mar 2008, 06:15
Is there a english translation of the Thailand aviation regulations available anywhere?

kwaiyai
5th Mar 2008, 09:45
Hi CChris,
Never seen it in English, Appears to all be written in Thai which is not complying with ICAO I believe. Friend of mine saw AOC regulations regarding flight crew training, Guess what in Thai also.
Let me know if you have luk, sorry cant help,

Passenger 07
5th Mar 2008, 11:12
No, the most important things do exist in English version. But it is difficult to get it because the home page is in Thai!!!
THAIPA (Thai Pilot Association) website can be useful.
In any case plenty of beautiful secretaries ready to translate, you have to take a "long hair dictionnary": it is basic in Thailand....

cchris
6th Mar 2008, 01:27
Thanks for your response. Do the the Thai regs parallel another reg such as JAR, ICAO, or FAA? This will help me know what to expect when I look at an operator there in a couple of weeks.

Clyde

kwaiyai
8th Mar 2008, 14:58
Good question that man:confused:. Seems to follow alot of FAA on some things and ICAO on others. Certainly regarding FAA Licences, they seem easier to validate for Airlines here from my experience.

Passenger 07
10th Mar 2008, 00:25
I confirm Thai regulations are ICAO/FAA basically. (However they are looking more and more the JAR land). DCA has been inspected by FAA in January