PDA

View Full Version : Flight Instructor Training

ClintonBaptiste
4th Mar 2008, 16:50
Having completed my CPL/IR and MCC, I am wanting to become a JAA flight instructor. I realise the course takes between 3 wks and whatever the weather allows, but I would like to be prepared for the course before I go.

Has anybody got any advice on what to study, any helpful websites or books that previous instructors have used in preparation?

I'm tempted by the Cabair sponsorship, but 2 years is a long time to commit yourself if you find out that you don't enjoy the job. Plus I don't really want to live down south. (I'm a dirty northerner!)

Anyone know of any jobs currently available in the North of England (preferably near Leeds) or even in France or Spain? I know there is a huge lack of instructors at the moment, especially native English speakers, plus I speak French and Spanish. (a bit rusty though)

FlyingIsFun
4th Mar 2008, 18:04
Hello there.

The original Flying Instructor manual book by RD Campbell still works as a good overall guide for the total content of the FI course. It covers all the lessons and, very importantly, the requirements for proper pre-briefings of each exercise.

Multiflight at Leeds were advertising for instructors a few months ago, not sure now, recommend you have a look on their website and / or give them a call.

FIF