PDA

View Full Version : Hand-eye coordination

nflyer
4th Mar 2008, 10:47
Quick one.
I never played many computer games and have never been great at sport. Will this have any bearing on your ability to perform well in Pilapt tests used by FTO's? Really want to know as desperate to make it as pilot. By the way already hold PPL. Does this make any difference???

preduk
4th Mar 2008, 11:04
Try this:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~pontipak/redsquare.html

And see how you get on, gets a bit of getting used to so don't worry if its low at the start.

Captain Vek
4th Mar 2008, 11:05
in my experience flying is the best way to improving hand ee coordination. some experts do say that actual flying can be substituted with computer games such as flight simulator. but in opinion actual flying is the best way. ou alread hold a PPL so it should not be a big problem for you.

Platinum206
4th Mar 2008, 11:37
Man is that addictive!!, made it above 18 several times so I am officially brilliant!

I always knew this but now I have legitimate scientific proof, Thank You!!!!:cool:

preduk
4th Mar 2008, 11:44
I keep getting 22 seconds, can't get any higher lol

nflyer
4th Mar 2008, 12:42
God it is addicitive. I can only manage about 13.5 seconds - this seems very low!!!!! Do you have to get high scores like 20 ????

Shiver me timbers!
4th Mar 2008, 14:11
Has anyone else noticed that if you go straight down, then go straight up and move to the top left corner its a guaranteed 11 seconds? Probably not the best way to play but...

:)

Salusa
4th Mar 2008, 14:30
Has anyone else noticed that if you go straight down, then go straight up and move to the top left corner its a guaranteed 11 seconds? Probably not the best way to play but...

Yep, there is a set pattern.

It was only until I spotted it that I could get anywhere near 18 secs!

I guess its back to the spanners for me.:*

CY333
4th Mar 2008, 15:06
the point is to train the eye-hand but as you said there is a pattern and the brain learns it fast

Whirlygig
4th Mar 2008, 15:40
I sat the assessment tests at Oxford recently, already holding a PPL. The only part I failed was the hand-eye co-ordination. I, too, play neither computer games nor sports. However, age was not on my side either! Make what you will of that!!

Cheers

Whirls

Diaz
4th Mar 2008, 20:11
That little test is probably not a good indicator- 30s after a little while of watching the pattern- to try and improve hand-eye, I would just try getting any first-person shooter and play it for a bit, if you can play the single player on a 'normal' or hard mode, you should have not too bad coordination. Just my opinion.

Seymour Belvoir
5th Mar 2008, 13:47
A couple or three decades ago, when lots of people on Pprune took their aptitude tests, there were no computer games (apart from that really anoying 'squash' game) and we still all passed. To be fair, even the most modern flight simulators, which after all, are only computer games, aren't that realistic, so I would think that if you have the aptitude, you'll pass the test.....don't worry, relax!!!:)