PDA

View Full Version : Farnborough 1976 programme - 40 Pence!

Fox3snapshot
4th Mar 2008, 06:40
Just dug out my old programme for the 1976 Farnborough airshow and giggled at the cover price of 40P, what are they going for these days???! :eek:

Ahhh those were the days eh?! :p

Tommy Tipee
4th Mar 2008, 08:16
I have the 1950 one which cost one shilling (5 pence today).
The flying programme lists 39 different aircraft, manufactured by 20 British companies, and names the pilots which included many legendary Farnborough performers such as John Cunningham, Roland Beamont, Jan Zurakowski, Mutt Summers and Neville Duke.
Happy Days!

Whenurhappy
4th Mar 2008, 08:27
These days the programme printed on recycled cardboard, feature one aircraft and lisiting, err, one manufacturer (BWOS). The programme would be beset by delays and would come in at about 5 x the original price, and would be missing the staple, removed by the MOD as a cost-saving 'capability holiday'...

airborne_artist
4th Mar 2008, 08:49
would be missing the staple, removed by the MODby order of H&S, in case someone broke a nail or something worse. And the seller would have to wear a Hi-Viz jacket, to ward off low level aircraft, and they wouldn't be able to carry more than 500g weight of change, and they'd have to have a 10 minute break every 30 minutes, in case their little legs got tired ;)

giggled at the cover price of 40P

which would have bought you two pints of best.

Fox3snapshot
4th Mar 2008, 09:04
Ahhh, 2 pints of Best, now that puts it into perspective ;)

mr fish
4th Mar 2008, 18:52
tollerton, nottingham 1976, some school mates and myself sneaked in over the fence , stood all day on an old pill box. was watching a seafury do a low beatup through my binos and when lowered them he was still as close, i s:mad:t meself!!! happy days!!!

Al R
4th Mar 2008, 19:15
Mr Fish said: .. watching a seafury do a low beatup through my binos

Talk about through the eye of a needle! I suppose Health and Safety would prevent that now in case it had your eye out. :sad:

mr fish
4th Mar 2008, 19:20
hahahahahaha, oh my sides hurt etc etc