PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Southeast Airlines Info.....

Victor Bravo
21st Feb 2000, 11:16
Just curious if any pruner's here fly for ASA, or know someone who does? I hear they may be after pilots, and just wanting to know what the company is like etc (their web is under construction at present!) Any advice, info etc would be greatly appreciated.

britavia
22nd Feb 2000, 06:16
I know someone who used to work for them. They are, like most regionals, pretty desperate right now for pilots. I'm looking to apply to them very soon along with Comair. They are still operating the Brazilias, but will be phasing them out in favor of the Canadair Regional Jet before long. I believe 1st year pay is in the region of $16,000. It helps to know someone in the company though...as always!

Victor Bravo
24th Feb 2000, 13:49
Brit, thanks for the details. Just out of curiosity, are you already in the US are you? What sort of experience do you have if you don't mind me asking? I'll email you if you prefer.. Cheers.

britavia
27th Feb 2000, 03:16
VB:

Sure am. Currently instructing but not for much longer I hope! 1800TT 289 ME. Looking at the Regionals and Majors (and why not..you never know?).

Victor Bravo
28th Feb 2000, 10:42
Brit, I am green with envy! With you living and working in the states that is. You dont know of a nice yankee girl (20-24 yr old) that might want to marry a young Aussie so he could get a green card and live happy ever after and get onto a heavy kero burner? Only joking, but almost tempted to go for a holiday and try my luck! :) Good luck mate.

britavia
5th Mar 2000, 02:42
'fraid not VB, but you can always look around if you come on over. A different accent does go down well. I've just emailed my resume to Mountain Air Cargo (a FedEx feeder). A student of mine recently got hired on with them with 1500TT and NO multi (didn't even have the multi-rating!). They fly C208s, F27s and SD3s.

Legal Alien
5th Mar 2000, 22:42
I am a British Citizen living and working in the USA currently flying as a CRJ FO for ASA. If you have any questions about the company post them here of email me drectly and I will do what I can to help.

ASA are currently hiring about 55 pilots a month for at least the rest of the year. There are currently 1000+- on the seniority list and the training department has been told that there should be approx 1500 by the end of the year - so now is definitely a good time to get on.

I was hired as an FO on the CRJ and have been told to expect an 18month to two year upgrade. Starting pay is about $18000 plus per diem and you should make $32000 plus per diem second year. The company got rid of Pay for Training and now pays for a hotel room and salary from day one. We also get travel benefits on Delta after 30 days and the ability to jumpseat immediately.

I hope this helps.

DeepSpeed
7th Mar 2000, 05:02
Legal A!

Thanks for the information, Do you know if ASA does H-1s?

DeepSpeed

------------------
** Damn the Hatches! **

Legal Alien
8th Mar 2000, 20:44
As far as I know they don't accept anyone for employment that isn't a citizen or who already has the right to work.

What exactly does the H1 give you the right to do?

If it involves them having to petition the INS I would doubt that they will do anything with it. As things stand they still have enough employment applications from people able to work who have the necessary paperwork or who are US citizens - although the way things are going with pilot recruitment that may change.

britavia
9th Mar 2000, 16:48
H1b allows a non-US citizen to live and work in the USA for a temporary period only, usually 3 years. As LA said, you will have to get a US company to petition on your behalf for employment...and from personal experience, it is difficult. Good luck.