PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring Pilot has a Few Questions

chuckieholic
3rd Mar 2008, 09:27
Hello everyone, I am an aspiring pilot residing in the Philippines and I have a few questions to anyone who can help me out.

1. I am looking for a training center that can more or less give me a chance of becoming an airline pilot. Let's face it, there are plenty of schools, but only a handful offer very good training. Where would you advise me to go for training?

2. I heard recently that Cebu Pacific has a training center similar to PAL's, is this true? If so, where do I go to apply and submit my credentials? Or what number can I call to inquire?

3. I have always wanted to become an airline pilot but my poor eyesight has discouraged me to try, recently I have undergone LASIK surgery and now have 20/20 vision. Will this be an issue in becoming a pilot?

4. Can anyone shed light on the "fly now, pay later" program of PAL, or the sponsorship program of Cebu Pacific? I have no idea how that works, do other training organizations offer such programs?

5. How much would it cost to train? Whether it be with PAL or Cebu Pacific or whatever training center I get into.

6. My grades were not that fantastic in college, how would that affect my application for pilot training? I am 28 years old now and I have been running a business for five years already, does scholastic record still play a role in applying?

That's all for now, I hope someone can help me with my queries. Im so glad to have found this place.