PDA

View Full Version : "Twin" rental in Atlanta

Ray D'Avecta
21st Sep 2000, 18:29
Hello Folks,

anybody know where I can rent a twin engine aircraft, e.g. Seminole, Cougar, Seneca at a cheap to reasonable rate in or around Atlanta, GA?

Many thanks

------------------
"Airspeed is life.....Altitude is life insurance!"

AtRisk
21st Sep 2000, 20:06
Try: Quality Aviation Inc 1951 Airport Rd Chamblee, GA (770) 457-6215
Aviation Atalanta did have a seminole for rent. Eppes had a seminole and archer. Both of these places are located at Dekalb Peachtree Airport Dekalb Peachtree Airport Chamblee, GA (770) 936-5437.
You might also want to check out what is available at Gwinnett Coutnty Airport in Lawrenceville, GA or Fulton County Airport 3952 Aviation Cir NW Atlanta, GA (404) 699-4200. Peachtree City Airport Authority 7 Falcon Dr Peachtree City, GA (770) 487-2225. Gwinnett County Airport-Briscoe Field 770 Airport Rd Lawrenceville, GA (770) 822-5196.
It has been a while since I was in Atlanta but these are the main local airports.

Ray D'Avecta
21st Sep 2000, 20:18
Thanks for that info AtRisk.

I did my PPL 2 years ago at 'The Flying School' at Gwinett County Airport. Very nice place and people, and I've been back there a few times renting, but they only have 1 Aztec which was about 140 Dollars / hour and tends to be fairly heavily booked up.

I'll try the other places you mention.

Cheers

AtRisk
22nd Sep 2000, 01:31
No worries mate. If you do a search in the Yahoo Yellow Pages you might find more listings. When will you be in the Atlanta area?
There is a little restaurant at the south end of the runway of PDK the 57 Fighter Group is the name of it. There is a really nice bloke there that will take you for a fly in one of his Stearmans, he has two, plus a T-6 and a P51 Mustang in mint condition. His name is Steve Collins. Really a great person to meet and he loves to fly his planes. The ride in the open cockpit by-plane over Atlanta is worth doing.