PDA

View Full Version : Green Cards

Bombay Sapphire
10th Sep 2000, 15:46
There's talk of the green card thing being loosened somewhat for aircrew, and I'm not talking about the company sponsership stuff.

Is this true? Will US airlines be able to employ foreign pilots with no green card required?

Captain Ed
10th Sep 2000, 18:52
I prefer Bombay Dry to that Saphire stuff.

I doubt if the US Government will allow foreign nationalities to work without a greencard as an airline pilot. As a New Zealander, you are probably part of the despised caucasian race. Faggetaboutit!

Turd world folks come in and work but mostly at menial unskilled, low paying jobs. In this area, illegal Mexicans live 30 to an apartment, and hang around looking for work.

If you are single, you may try to find an American who will marry you in a marriage of convenience for $.

NIMBUS
12th Sep 2000, 22:04
Unless they change the Immigration Laws, which I doubt!, you cannot work in the US without a Green Card. The exception to this is if some company (airline?) hires you because they cannot get suitable people over here! They can get work authorization, visa's, etc. for you.
I don't think thats' very likely, however! It can get very expensive for the company, and there are too many aviation applicants, at all levels, over here already.
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but thats the way it is!