PDA

View Full Version : Blue islands & Scotairways

wantabe_crew
2nd Mar 2008, 18:11
I heard yesterday that the 2 companys are to merge in April and give an extra scot aircraft to the islands to run a uk to JER & GCI route, if this is the case can anyone from which ever company confirm who the crew will work for B I or S A ? A and which island will the base be as I am in Jersey these days with a private airline.

captainyonder
2nd Mar 2008, 22:32
Could be a good move for both companies, the D328 is a natural progression for BCI. I would imagine JER/BOH, JER/BVA, GCI/SOU and GCI/JER would stay on the J31, with DUB, ZRH, GVA, and IOM on the D328, and then I wouldn't be too suprised to see BCI start a GCI/LCY route with the second D328.

Could be lucrative for the ScotAirways D328 drivers as well, the salary would have to be increased to stand any chance of being able to buy a loaf on any of the Channel Islands!

shamrock7seal
3rd Mar 2008, 08:53
It would be so much better if they consolidated where they are strong, i.e Bournemouth. A daily service to JER and GCI would be good and would be better competitively against SOU and Flybe

jarvis123
3rd Mar 2008, 09:42
I heard yesterday that the 2 companys are to merge

Does that then mean they will become one? And under which name Scot Airways or Blue Island?

Is that a merger as opposed to the present arrangement with Scot leasing an A/C to Blue Island?

Umm interesting!

And what about City Jet??

jewels crown
3rd Mar 2008, 14:53
This would indeed appear to be true. A pal of mine works for Scot and he's been asked how he feels about a move to the channel islands. He reckons Edi base being closed, and dundee will keep running the city jet lease for the meantime.
JC

airhumberside
3rd Mar 2008, 19:56
Closing EDI may make sense with many LCY flights now operated by Cityjet themselves. Do Scot have a crew base at Cambridge?

G-JECL
4th Mar 2008, 18:19
Blue Islands would only get one other Dornier? I thought Scot had 7/8 dorniers, and as I understand it, there have been rumours of Cityjet wanting to operate the RJ85 on the DND and I would imagine operate all EDI services on the RJ, wouldn't that free up around 3 aircraft. Would this deal (if it even exists) mean thet Cityjet would lease the other Dorniers from Blue Islands and no longer Scot.

Has Merlyn decided to retire now with recent events?

Jerbourg
5th Mar 2008, 07:55
It would appear according to G-INFO that Scot do not actually own any of the 328's in their fleet. So if any change in the Cityjet operation came about they could be returned from where they came - eventually. And what's to say the new combined company would not want to continue operating the WX/AF services anyway? I am sure a contract is in place with CB that would cost money if broken.

If this Blue Islands merger rumour is true ( & I doubt it is) then I doubt Merlyn would vanish from the scene. The combined company would I imagine value her knowledge & need her onboard.