PDA

View Full Version : Heathrow Bases

CheekyChick
1st Mar 2008, 21:17
Does anybody know what airlines have LHR, LGW, Luton or stansted bases for cabin crew?

air2bob
1st Mar 2008, 21:27
You might want to narrow down a bit that is one hell of a lot of airlines based at those 4 airports!

CheekyChick
1st Mar 2008, 21:33
I am not asking for what airlines go to these airports. I want to know what airlines having cabin crew based there. You will find the list is not as long as you might expect.

speedbird-lgw
1st Mar 2008, 21:55
some are easier
the ones i know at lgw are,
ba
virgin
thomson
thomas cook
my travel
frist choice
easyjet
astraeus
xl
monarch

not sure if there are any else but they are the major ones

stansted you'l be lucky to get
there is titan
first choice
ryan air
and easyjet

iain8867
1st Mar 2008, 22:37
Luton

ryanair- easyJet - Thomsonfly - Monarch - Silverjet

Stanstead - Also Thomas Cook (Summer)

Heathrow

BA - United - Qantas - Cathay - JAL - Virgin (Dual Based with LGW)

VS-LHRCSA
2nd Mar 2008, 04:55
LHR also have Air New Zealand and ANA.

CabinCrew78
2nd Mar 2008, 06:24
LGW also have ZOOM Airline and STN is going to have EOS Airline based there soon.

If I'm not wrong in LHR there is also PIA (Pakistan International Airline)

I hope it helps..... :)

Glamgirl
2nd Mar 2008, 11:11
There is no LGW base for Astraeus anymore as they're unfortunately going bust. Unfortunate for the crew and other people losing their jobs.

Gg

starbag
8th Mar 2008, 19:39
Glamgirl - you're very much mistaken. A large number of cabin crew and ground staff are being made redundant, but not because Astraeus is going bust, but rather that the airline is moving from charter and contract flights to wet / damp and dry leasing aircraft out which should be much more profitable.

FormerFlyer
9th Mar 2008, 13:24
"I am not asking for what airlines go to these airports. I want to know what airlines having cabin crew based there. You will find the list is not as long as you might expect."

If that's the case then why bother asking - you seem to have an idea already!

cheers ;)
FF

CheekyChick
9th Mar 2008, 13:27
why is it that some people always feel the need to be rude or sarcastic. I agree the british airlines (ba, virgin etc) wil have bases here, however I am asking the question as I know some non british airlines have crew based in the uk (air new zealand, united etc.) and want to make sure I have the complete list!

av8rboyz
9th Mar 2008, 21:12
airlines with crew based in LHR
UA
BMI
BA
JAL
ANZ
QF
CX
ANA
VS (Dual base with LGW)
PIA

Airlines with crew based in LGW
BA
ZOOM
EASYJET
FIRST CHOICE
THOMAS COOK
MONARCH
TUI
XL
VS (Dual base with LHR)

Airlines with crew based in LTN
SILVERJET
EASYJET
RYAN AIR
TUI
MONARCH
XL
However chater airlines like the 3 above have temp bases @ LTN so you will have to find that out.

These are all i can think of. Hope it helps

SOTV
9th Mar 2008, 21:33
Glamgirl - you're very much mistaken. A large number of cabin crew and ground staff are being made redundant, but not because Astraeus is going bust, but rather that the airline is moving from charter and contract flights to wet / damp and dry leasing aircraft out which should be much more profitable.

Bit of a shame this. Have flown Astraeus a few times and the CC were very good, flying to Marsa Alam with both Astraeus and Thomas Cook I know which I prefer. No IFE is a blessing sometimes.