PDA

View Full Version : PSP Wireless Connection

mcdhu
1st Mar 2008, 20:27
Can anyone please help with this?

My lad and I are attempting to connect his psp to my home network using the 'New Connection' prompt. My network is WEP protected with a 10 digit code, but when we put the code into the WEP Code window in the PSP, it tells me that the code is invalid. I am taking the code directly from the router settings (DG834G). SSID and wireless access are enabled and access control is not on.

Regards and thanks,
mcdhu

timmcat
2nd Mar 2008, 15:15
What level of security are you using?

I have a DG834N and one machine on my network would not connect whatsoever whilst I ran security at WPA2-PSK [AES]. As soon as I dropped the router a level to WPA-PSK [TKIP] it connected no problem. Had me foxed for ages, I can only assume the drivers for the wireless card in the errant PC (one of the newest on the network ironically) just were not compatable with WPA2.

Just a thought.

Edit - re-read your post, if you are using WEP, then the above can be ignored. I'll leave the post in case it helps anyone else.

mcdhu
2nd Mar 2008, 15:50
Still struggling with this - thanks Timmcat. Anyone else please.

Thanks,
mcdhu

Alex_Ford
2nd Mar 2008, 15:59
Its a while since I did it but I could not get online using anything I tried and I am pretty computer savvy - eventually I went online on my PC and downloaded a PSP update from the PSP website and then installed that on the PSP - that fixed it and then using the correct method I was able to get online. It has to be the ultimate wind up - you need to get a patch to be able to get online but you cant get online to get it :-(

I don't know if this fix will sort it for you but it did for me.

Regards

Alex Ford.

Saab Dastard
2nd Mar 2008, 16:00
Are you entering the pass key (hex) or pass phrase (ASCII)?

Possibly Case-sensitive? Unlikely, but worth checking.

Also, check what key length the device is expecting - 64 or 128 bit

- If your product vendor requests 40-bit keys, use a 64-bit key (10 digits).

- If your product vendor requests 104-bit keys, use a 128-bit key (26 digits).

SD

spannersatcx
2nd Mar 2008, 19:17
Might sound daft but you do have WLAN switched on on your psp?

whiz
3rd Mar 2008, 13:51
I'd go along with Saab's theory about hex or ascii. My lads will only work if we enter the full key in hex