PDA

View Full Version : Flying in USA

lineup
19th Aug 2000, 15:39
I like to fly in USA as a Commercial Pilot.
Type Rated DHC-8 Commander, European Citicen, JAR FCL ATPL, +7000H total time.
Does anyone know a way how to manage to fly in the USA (workpermit etc.)Thanks for your input!

JJflyer
20th Aug 2000, 18:41
A new way is to found a company either to Delaware or Nevada.
As the owner of the company you cna work as an independent contractor. Visa is valid for 4 years with a possibilty for extension.
Laywer fees for my friend who did this were about 3500 USD and 1500 USD for the accountant fees.

Other possibility is to try the Company sponsored route. You might have best chances with 3 level carriers... Perhaps not what you are looking for.

Hope this helps

JJ

RRC767
25th Aug 2000, 08:44
JJFlyer one question about incorporating a business in Delaware or Nevada; do i have to employ any local and have an office or do I just create a face name company and get the visa and go flying? I really have a big interest in flying in the USA having worked for PANAM as an Acft Dispatcher for 15 years in Brazil. Currently I'm a 1st Off 767 flying both domestically and to the USA and Europe. Before that I flew B737-300/400, so I have all the glass cockpit/MCP/FMC experience they need. My only problem is the green card. Do u think the 13 big ones may review their sponsorship policy in case they start running short of people? Yr comments appted.
Tks

JJflyer
25th Aug 2000, 18:20
I really donīt know about the big ones, I do know that the lower end carriers would look into you.
As far as I know frined of mine does not employ anybody and acts as an independent contractor.

JJ

britavia
26th Aug 2000, 18:13
JJ Flyer:

Are you talking about an L1 or an E2 visa?? Just curious.

Desert Rat
27th Aug 2000, 15:51
Biggest problem with that route is that no one wants a contract worker, but want people to be employed by the company!!!!

God Bless America???

Flame Out
28th Aug 2000, 20:55
Marry an American. You might get lucky. :)

c130loser
29th Aug 2000, 02:31
Greetings to the sky people.
I have a U.S. CPL/ U.K. ATPL al ME/Inst.
2400ttl /350jet/2000turboprop, and I like
to work with a company to build some multi
jet/crew time with a type rating. is this
possible? , where? and how?
not quite as puzzly as you thought!
my best regards

PublicDomain
7th Sep 2000, 00:28
Once formed a Deleware Incorporation and it does not require you to have employees but it does require at least a Deleware post office box address. This can be a shelf company.

I know that there are several universities and some flight schools that just can't keep instructors at this time. To initially start doing work in the USA this may be an option.