PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Academy...

pt_flyer
1st Mar 2008, 13:40
Hi,

Does anyone have any information about the sponsorship of Pilot Academy? I have never heard of it before today. Any experience with them?:confused:

Thanks

http://www.pilotacademy.co.uk/

RogerUK
3rd Mar 2008, 09:11
Hi pt_flyer,

I’ve been looking around for sponsorship, grants etc for some time now and came across www.pilotacademy.co.uk (http://www.pilotacademy.co.uk)

When speaking to a few people, i found out that they are offering a full sponsorship for a fATPL (but you can only register your interest through their website at the moment), the selection is based on psychometric tests and interview.

The only reservation people seem to have is the £150 fee for the assessment centre. This fee appears to be the only cost and is refundable
if you get selected. This is the first round pilotacademy are holding selection for sponsorship, so I havn't come across anyone who has been through the process yet.

The overall consensus seems to be that if you can afford £150, then why not? It might be worth seeing this as an opportunity to gain experience in sitting psychometric tests and £150 seems reasonable when comparing it to others available in the industry, such as balpa, gapan (£175) and even flight training organisations charge for psychometric tests before being taken on, CTC wings with easyjet sponsorship applicants (£140+VAT), Oxford aviation (£125), Cabair (£100+VAT).....and these are just for the tests, no sponsorship!.. really, the choice is yours.:)

What are your thoughts??

superjet777
3rd Mar 2008, 09:43
Seems a bit sus to me! They seem to be just offering to hand out the money for training. No one is going to do this just for the good of others. What do they gain from it?

I emailed them the other week to ask how many of these sponsorships they are giving out - no response. Who's to say there will only be 1?

If hundreds of people apply, each paying £150 each, where does the excess money go? Their pockets.

Im not saying there is anything bad about this, but all it seems to be is a glorified lottery. Buy a £150 ticket and hope you win!

pt_flyer
3rd Mar 2008, 13:14
I agree with superjet.

You don't even know where they are going to send you for flight training. They say it will be the place best suited for you. Yeah right!
You also don't know the quality of their assessment. If they want money they don't really care who gains the sponsorship, they will just pull a name out of a hat at the end of gaining the 150 per application. Pretty easy money, heh?

I don't know nothing about it. This is just a feeling. At least I will wait for the first batch of cadet(s) to be selected and see what happens with them.
But, you won't lose anything except for the money if you join. If it really is a lottery, I prefer risking 10 euros in euromillions.

Has anyone else had actual contact with them?