PDA

View Full Version : Good rental prices

WX Man
21st Dec 1999, 15:12
I'm wondering if any of you fine chaps can help. I'm looking to rent a twin (any twin, doesn't matter what) for a very reasonable price, in any area of the USA where the weather is good VFR in February/ March.

If anyone can suggest anything, I would much appreciate it if you be kind enough to post replies here or Email me ([email protected]).

mutt
22nd Dec 1999, 11:51
You should move this to the Wannabees section, they will have a good idea of where to go.
Might also be a good idea to say what type of flying you want to do, hour building, sightseeing etc.

mutt

WX Man
22nd Dec 1999, 13:22
I regularly reside in the Wannabes section, so I keep an eye open for eye-opening deals on ME time. At the moment I'm looking at Oregon, but apparently there are very few places to rent ME aircraft for less than $150/h.

Can I ask you guys what the weather is like inland from Seattle? Does it do what the it does in OR, i.e. the Rockies provide a barrier and create an arid climate east of the mountains?

JJflyer
22nd Dec 1999, 22:25
If you want to do some serious hour building the worst place to go this time of the year is Seattle or Portland as the WX is bad and low freezing levels.
Check out southwestern US or San Fransisco bay area. WX has been really good for this year and looks like it continues to be like that. And Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys have plenty of places to visit and Los Angeles is not too far away nor is Edwards AFB or Mojave desert.
Las Vegas has plenty of schools who rent airplanes with reasonable cost and are available with decent checkout.
From Las Vegas you are close to everything 2h to Los Angeles 3h to San Fransisco 2h to Phoneix and so on.
I have previously posted to wannabes a post called Hourbuilders check it out has some school numbers.

JJ

Merry Christmas and happy new year