PDA

View Full Version : Hour building in California

OSCARtheDOG
14th Aug 2000, 16:46
I have reason to be in the SF Bay Area for three months later this year and want to do some flying. Can anybody recommend a flight school in the Berkeley/Oakland area?

Regards...

JJflyer
14th Aug 2000, 20:13
Check Hayward airport and American Flyers... they used to have a Seneca II with nice panel. Owner is a Greek named Costas.
Also in the Building, that used to be Flightcraft, is an other small school that have a C310.
Then Flying Vikings add the Scandinavian flavour with their Seminoles.
All the schools have singles too...
Also Oakland flyers in KOAK is an ok place for rentals.

JJ

OSCARtheDOG
16th Aug 2000, 14:18
Thanks JJ...Oakland Flyers looks pretty good - and close to where I'm going to be.

Regards..

Flame Out
18th Aug 2000, 21:36
Three months ago I walked into Oakland Flyer and didn't like the atmosphere. I was looking for an airplane to rent just for fun. As soon as I walked in the door no one took a notice of me and a couple of instructors were arguing over something or the other, distasteful and loud enough for me (read prospective customer) to hear. So much for first impression. I just turned around and left. I went across the bay to San Carlos instead. Diamond Aviation. Cordial owner and excellent customer service.

I fly an L-1011 for a living and I didn't need any of that especially if I had to pay for it. There are hundreds of other FBOs who would cater to me. But again, you might have had a different experience.