PDA

View Full Version : New radio license FRTOL

Jannik23
29th Feb 2008, 12:46
Hello everybody

I hold a UK JAA fATPL and just recently heard about the new requirement for a new radio license - CAA never told me. Anyway Its soon March 1st and I havent recieved anything from the UK CAA - will they not send me the new page for my license or do I have to apply for it ??

What happens if I dont recieve it by MArch 1st am I then grounded ??

I live en Denmark and havent heard a word from them so starting to get nervous here, emailed them 4 weeks ago , no reply yet.

What do I do ???

Jannik

SkyCamMK
29th Feb 2008, 16:08
What do you mean "just recently heard about the new requirement for a new radio license" Surely all licences have a requirement for a valid FRTOL. I just had a quick look at the CAA website, and don't see anything 'new'. Emails should be followed up with letter if item is important. You do not say if you are employed or not. Never rely on a phone call get what you need in writing in good time direct from the CAA. I am not sure that I can help you but your post has not been replied to probably because it is missing important detail.

menikos
29th Feb 2008, 21:20
I've called today, it was told to me that I will receive at least a level 4 fair enough regarding the ICAO language proficiency for flight crew, mandatory by the 5 march 2008 for international flights.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1688/ICAO%20Language%20Proficiency%20for%20Flight%20Crew.pdf

:ok:

acuba 290
1st Mar 2008, 00:06
so what does it mean now? i made my JAA PPL 2 years ago and also JAA RT licence both issued by UK CAA. Can i fly now or i need to get a new RT one with some additional test?