PDA

View Full Version : Richard Sage

Phil Brockwell
29th Feb 2008, 07:42
Some of you may remember the Ambulance / funeral / repat company Full Cover Assistance which was headed up by Richard Sage. Mr Sage has a history of convictions for fraud, generally using Biz Jets as air ambulances.

It has come to my attention that St Christophers Assistance is now approaching Brokers and Operators to supply aircraft. A quick whois of the web site shows Richard Sage as the site administrator.

You can find info on this character on companies house, and there is some history of his attempts to defraud the NHS, his subsequent stay at her majesty's pleasure, and the insurance fraud he set up whilst on day release from prison on the internet. The BBC's Watchdog programme have been involved too.

We and others lost a lot of money when he wound up his last company.

This is not simply a Pprune sour grapes scenario, this guy is a proffessional con man.

Phil

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/youandyours/items/01/2007_11_mon.shtml
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article95554.ece
http://www.dunoon-observer.co.uk/archive/arcapr200706.html

TheOtherSide
29th Feb 2008, 12:12
Good call Phil.

We all need to know about these kind of people. :D:ok:

Paradise Lost
29th Feb 2008, 20:41
Cor blimey!....someone actually posting relevant and worthy info on Pprune. Maybe it will set a precedent. Congrats Phil.

Check 6
29th Feb 2008, 21:00
Thanks for the "sage advise."

Apologizes from the colonies. :E

Ice Man
1st Mar 2008, 07:24
Phil,

Many thanks for the heads up.

KD199
4th May 2010, 11:00
Phil

Thanks very much for this info. which is invaluable.

St Christopher's Assistance is still active and have been calling our company for quotes.:=

They (he) purport to be a subsiduary of a large Spanish based company. Take heed of Phil Brockbank's experience.

TSandPSintheGREEN
6th May 2010, 16:56
Why not have an index for all the Bizjet crooks? Maybe they could have an annual conference or their own section in the EBAN directory? Perhaps they even have a stand at EBACE anyway?

I'm thinking of PD PS PC PM JM in particular (i.e. if your name begins with P, you might be on the list - sorry Phil!) but there must be hundreds more...:ok:

Kelly Hopper
6th May 2010, 17:57
[QUOTE]Why not have an index for all the Bizjet crooks?/QUOTE]

So as to save reams of paper, ink, time and effort why not make an index of the honest ones? A very short file indeed!

dawnie41
29th Sep 2010, 13:09
he is now in burnley lancashir under j kendal and son but i think he is on the move soon

FallenFoul
5th Oct 2010, 12:06
Just when you though it was safe to go back into the water... it's the return of the pprune thread revival record holder ;) and I can only say that Phil's post has brought back long forgotten nightmares. At the time I was attempting to recover lost dues from P247M, I was assisting to recover dues for a colleague Air Ambulance Operator in Prague Czech Republic who had "Fallen Foul" of Richard Sage to the extent of many thousands of Euros! Got as far as being interviewed by the BBC watchdog team, who are the only people successful enough in tracking this con man down. Trouble is, Sage is as slippery as a snake, and he has left a wake of debts throughout the Business Aviation industry. I can confirm the link to Spain and that is probably where he is hanging out currently.
I should have been a damn detective :bored: I put RS & P247M in the same boat and hopefully it will sink very soon. Thanks for the heads up Phil.

No RYR for me
5th Oct 2010, 12:24
Is it St Christopher's Assistance or St Christophers Assistance or St Christopher Assistance. From this website St. Christopher's Assistance - 24 hours - 365 days a year (http://www.stchristophersassistance.com) ? (just helping google a bit to find this thread...) :E

So is anybody from Watchdog looking into St Christopher's Assistance again?

No RYR for me
5th Oct 2010, 12:27
Did you know that St. Christopher's Assistance - 24 hours - 365 days a year (http://www.stchristophersassistance.com) which is the website of St Christopher's Assistance or St Christophers Assistance or St Christopher Assistance has a 24 hour number for creditors :}

FallenFoul
5th Oct 2010, 13:01
Well you could call the BBC and see if they have any news. There were rumours that he'd been killed in a car accident in Spain, but that was probably originated by himself...

dawnie41
5th Oct 2010, 18:27
he is still in burnley he was advertising his funeral service in the local paper today

Phil Brockwell
6th Oct 2010, 09:04
Watchdog are aware.

dawnie41
6th Oct 2010, 09:43
i did not know they were aware i tried to contact them bit got no response

tommoutrie
6th Oct 2010, 13:41
richard sage? he's about 42.... ha ha ha

dawnie41
6th Oct 2010, 13:45
r watchdog going to do anything

nm2009
7th Oct 2010, 13:51
Hi just out of interest who are PM and JM ??

tommoutrie
8th Oct 2010, 10:59
PD PS PC PM JM etc are the letters people use when they don't really know what they are talking about and don't have the balls to actually name people who screw this industry up and rip people off. Its a 9 year old in a schoolyard who says "I know something you don't know". Its why this forum is pointless. It means that the information that gets talked about on here is only useful if you already know it. If you are someone who's about to get ripped off then you're stuffed. Its the same bull**** as hiding behind stupid pseudonyms because you're saying something thats crap that you can't.

pointless

Tom

tommoutrie
8th Oct 2010, 11:02
brockwell you're exempt from that rant. I know who the NHS are

Phil Brockwell
1st May 2014, 13:43
FYI

He's back, now in Southend- booking ambulance flights and using the name Richard Kerbey / Kurby and Mark Anderson.

Richard Sage Archives | The Good Funeral GuideThe Good Funeral Guide (http://www.goodfuneralguide.co.uk/category/richard-sage/)

PB

Sop_Monkey
2nd May 2014, 12:20
While I don't condone crooks I can understand why a lot turn to "sharp practice" to try and get ahead. As said aviation is full of them. Try being real honest and see how far you get in any business at start up. S:\ on from a great height that's what. If you cant beat them why not join them. One hell of a lot are on the fiddle so why not?

cockney steve
3rd May 2014, 13:51
Try being real honest and see how far you get in any business at start up. S on from a great height that's what. If you cant beat them why not join them. One hell of a lot are on the fiddle so why not?

Because ,in the process, you are screwing -over another human-being. Probably a decent,trusting ,honourable and moral person who the likes of you consider "fair -game"....without considering that they , too, have family and commitments thet you are gleefully shafting out of sheer greed.,
A shameful attitude, I sleep well, every night..can you?

Sop_Monkey
5th May 2014, 23:53
Steve

Yes I sleep very well at nights thank you. You know why? Because I am not on the fiddle. I am not on the fiddle because I am not in business.

You would do well to put your points to the energy companies and the government to give you a very few examples. Oh I forgot and politicians! They are screwing all of us. Man kind is naturally greedy. If he wasn't we wouldn't have wars would we? Or am I on the wrong page?

I am also able to inform you I do know enough about crooks, to reliably inform you. You wont make a million unless you are or have been on the fiddle somewhere down the line. You can take that to the bank. This is the reason I abhor large corporations. I have seen the greed and what it does to people. I have worked for the super rich and some of the things I have seen are not very pretty.

Compassion? What's that?

Phil Brockwell
7th May 2014, 08:01
And for those not on planet t@sser - you are welcome.

rennaps
8th May 2014, 07:40
Monkey, you are on the wrong page!
I run a business and over the years have built up a reputation of honesty and morality. I can assure you that you can make millions being Honest and Moral!

In the aviation industry your reputation is worth so much more than a short-sighted quick buck. In fact, if that is your way of doing business then I can assure you that you will not get very far. Over the years I have seen so many May-flys with their get rich quick fiddles spin out, crash and burn. Over the years I have seen this inevitable scenario being played out so often.

Sop_Monkey
8th May 2014, 14:00
rennaps

WOW!!! Now that's quite a claim.. You're telling me you are completely honest, never told a lie or always declared everything to the authorities or to your clients. You must be getting close to perfect. You are either completely honest or you are dishonest. So where do you draw the line?

I said at the outset on this thread I didn't condone such behavior. As I am not perfect in the honesty department, never have been and never will be, yes I can be classed as dishonest.

rennaps
12th May 2014, 09:45
Quiet reflection...........covering many years.......
I am completely honest and have never knowingly told a lie in business. Never had to.
Then again I haven't always volunteered everything that I know :) .
I stick to what I said, you can be Honest and run a Successful business!