PDA

View Full Version : Hour building in San Diego

flybig99
3rd Dec 1999, 03:28
There was a posting about this a while ago I think but I can’t find it!
So yes ladies and gentlemen, I need to find a place to do some cheap single engine hour building and then a part 61 courses FAA I/R CPL in San Diego. I need flexibility in accommodation (Dirt cheap!) a car, and a woman to marry for obvious reasons. My eyes are shagged so I can’t fly hear (-5.75)…..Anyone heap with any of this? If any of you have been to San Diego before, then what’s it like for the nightlife. I not only have to do my flying out there but I also have to have the chance of meeting some quality women. I’ve been to FL and that’s rubbish for the women thing. I’m planning on staying for a few months at a time and back home again for a few months. I will keep doing this for the duration of about two years. Try to drag it on as long as possible until JAR changes the eyesight requirements in line with ICAO. So I’m not after fast hour building but slow. Im going to use my time there to network with people. There has to be a way of getting a work permit.

Thanks in advance.

flybig99
3rd Dec 1999, 03:29
Oh, and I want to go early Jan2000.

XL5
3rd Dec 1999, 11:44
The nightlife in SAN is good,there are at least two british pubs to chose from should you get homesick (shakespears,the princess,with the former being best).Many drinking establishments in which to throw your money away ranging in quality from salubrious and boring to spit and sawdust but fun (such as the waterfront bar).

Not too much in the way of cheap rentals though,you may have to live a little ways out and petrol in CA is the most expensive in the US.Would have to agree with you about FL being rubbish,have you considered the Pacific NW? Cheaper living and good flying up north,easy to get laid up there too so it might just suit you as the best overall fit.
Best of Luck.