PDA

View Full Version : Govt Support For Armed Forces

Topsy Turvey
28th Feb 2008, 19:04
Quote from Hansard on Monday 25 Feb, by Des Browne in response to petition urging support for the Armed Forces.

"The welfare of personnel and their families is core to MOD business, and there are comprehensive measures in place to ensure that we give the best possible support to all concerned. The highest priority is placed on supporting the families of those who have given their lives or have been injured in the service of their country, and robust procedures ensure that all concerned receive the help they require to come to terms with injury, or life without loved ones."

Fine words, shame about the reality faced by those injured, fighting for compensation or the families of those killed.

tucumseh
28th Feb 2008, 19:26
"and robust procedures"

See Nimrod thread (and other fatal accidents). The MoD do indeed have robust procedures and regulations, but unless they implement them properly they are useless.

Chugalug2
28th Feb 2008, 19:39
The welfare of personnel and their families is core to MOD business,

1. He has to be joking!

and there are comprehensive measures in place to ensure that we give the best possible support to all concerned.

2. It is necessary to act in accordance with the comprehensive measures.
The highest priority is placed on supporting the families of those who have given their lives or have been injured in the service of their country
3.See 1.

and robust procedures ensure that all concerned receive the help they require to come to terms with injury, or life without loved ones.

As Tuc says having robust procedures is insufficient, see line 2. In short, total twaddle as so often from this man and his ministry.

gijoe
28th Feb 2008, 19:46
Robust - the most overused word in the mil lexicon methinks.

G:=

soddim
28th Feb 2008, 22:33
Come on chaps get real. What do you honestly expect from today's politicians?

They are not your friends or anybody else's. They are there for their own ends and they will say whatever it takes to get re-elected.

The solution is to make sure they do not get re-elected.

BYALPHAINDIA
29th Feb 2008, 01:10
Quote:
The welfare of personnel and their families is core to MOD business,
1. He has to be joking!

Quote:
and there are comprehensive measures in place to ensure that we give the best possible support to all concerned.
2. It is necessary to act in accordance with the comprehensive measures.

Quote:
The highest priority is placed on supporting the families of those who have given their lives or have been injured in the service of their country

3.See 1.

Quote:
and robust procedures ensure that all concerned receive the help they require to come to terms with injury, or life without loved ones.
As Tuc says having robust procedures is insufficient, see line 2. In short, total twaddle as so often from this man and his ministry.

'Desmond' sounds like a Double Glazing man to me:=:*

Epimetheus
29th Feb 2008, 09:28
On a US facility the other day, saw 2 different posters regarding care and recuperation for wounded soldiers. The first was the US policy towards support, care and recuperation.

The second was a photo of a soldier with a prosthetic lower leg, working out in the gym. Summarised, the captions said:

1. This soldier's mission is to get fit and recover his life.
2. Our (corporate) mission is to help him do it.
3. He will continue to serve whether as a soldier or as a citizen and veteran.

I'm not a fan of US hype, but these posters gave a strong, deep feeling of the covenant being foremost in US minds.

chappie
29th Feb 2008, 13:58
if it wasn't so tragic i'd be laughing my head off. what absolute :mad:!

the only measures the MoD have in place are for the maintenance of their own welfare not the ones that count that wear the uniform. the uniform that the MoD can't afford to provide!

robust procedures???!!! my arse! isn't is called watertight measures in place to ensure we get away with our cock ups and save our own skin!?! yes, the cost of repatriation and funerals and such like are met, but someone somewhere must have computed that if they invested in the needs of our troops in the first place they wouldn't have to be paying out on the legal cases nad re training and replacement of equipment along with the aforementioned funerals. they do not help with coping with the loss. admittedly we have had fab assisting officers and i will be forever indebited to them and the honour of getting to know you all has been a priviledge but at what cost?

well at the risk of sounding like a ranty person on a rant i am not done with letting this government turning their back on you all. i do not want other families to go through this hell that is called the aftermath and i do not want serving soliders to worry about the welfare of their families should the worse happen.

swiss tony...i am not done!
please see thread on mod wields axe re petition and protest.

Roland Pulfrew
29th Feb 2008, 15:20
There is a new V Neck sweater on the way

Not again - surely! :ugh: I will manage: round, V, V smooth, round and V again if that is true. What a waste of money - mind you with a free issue, it saves me buying a new one.

tonker
29th Feb 2008, 16:05
The enemy that is our current goverment has no intention of providing adequate funding to any of the forces.

They are so called ex marxist/communist card carrying reds who loathe you and everything you stand for. Whilst you bravely put your life on the line in the name of duty for peanuts, they support striking firemen(plumbers) who put lives at stake whilst negleting their oath to protect.

They despise your ability to perform with out of date kit in a world class way, whilst they strive to waste more of our cash on their brothers and sisters in councils and services.

They despise your self discipline whilst making more excuses for the fatherless, feckless scroungers that litter our streets. The wasted youth of a liberal experiment to rearange natures way, a social experiment to excuse the actions of th lowest common denominator in our soceity.

They despise your heritage, traditions and achievements. Whilst ethnically cleansing the history books of our past great achievements, and cherry picking anything that might support their twisted guilt ridden view of what we once were.

They despise your ability to live in married quarters most councils would condemn, in a civilised orderly clean manner. Whilst spending the last bit of cash they don't have on re carpeting the local lesbian centre.

They despise your loyalty to the unelected Queen, but secretly formulate plans to intergrate yourselves with the wet toothless blanket that is and will be the European army. Led by unelected,unemployable misfits who would not earn a penny or succeed in the real world we live in( Peter Mandelson).

They despise you, they despise everything you stand for and will continue to reduce funding until your size and capability is compatible with Euro integration.

The De Anglicfication of Briton has begun.

TheInquisitor
29th Feb 2008, 17:37
Tonker,

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well put, Sir. VERY well put.

Thelma Viaduct
29th Feb 2008, 18:08
Don't politicise them, they have no political ideology, none of them do, no matter what colour they choose to murder and thieve under. New labour are conservatives therefore they are the same therefore there is no choice therefore democracy in 'great' britain no longer exists.

Besides, a con is equally as bad as labour or liberal. Don't try and say otherwise, or at least try saying it with a straight face.

**** = ****

What's required is a modern day version of Guy Fawkes and just start again from scratch. Bump the lot of them off. Sure, some good eggs will be smashed, but it's a price worth paying. Their families can blame the bad eggs. :}

What's ironic is that the very same 'armed' forces being shat on would be sent out by the 'govern'ment to prevent an uprising by the people and they'd be fed BS stating that their doing it for the security of the country and then the military would want the civilian population to be thankful etc etc.

BTW, I don't blame the firepersons for striking. At least they're showing some balls and sticking 2 fingers up to the thieves, liars & murderers in 'govern'ment. Why should politicians pay rises be 20% and their pensions safe when the rest of society is suffering as a direct result of their incompetence ?

**** the lot of them. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

tonker
29th Feb 2008, 19:15
Or we could set up a new parliament, democratically elected and bypass them. Run it from an old stately home or barracks.

i'm afraid though that the money men and the hangers oners would never allow it. The vested interests in Europe would never want a parliament that actioned the thoughts of the people.

I'd probably end up having a car accident in a tunnel!:bored:

ps i'm off to work in 50 mins to fly some freight so if you all never hear of me again please look me up in the obituries.;)

Thelma Viaduct
29th Feb 2008, 19:44
I was until recently 100% against europe and all it stands for. I despise heath et al and would have no problem taking a piss on his/their grave.

The thing is, europe is pushing through some very beneficial laws that the ****bags that 'run' our country have to abide by, European law being the supreme law of our land and all. I'm not going to say what these directives are, because they're of probably no interest to folk living inland with busy 'mil' lives and phonetically incorrect accents etc.

To be honest, whether we're governed by unelected europeans or uk nationals, it makes no difference. In fact, maybe the european option would be a good thing. At least you expect them to be distant, expensive and of no benefit and so you don't feel as hard done by.
They won't even have to pretend they care because most of us don't understand french/german/belgian etc or want to understand it.

To all those that say you have no right to whinge if you choose not to vote: Until there's an option/box saying I have no confidence in any of the options then I'll continue to whinge and not vote until the cows come home. That's assuming another charming southern accented northerner conservative wearing a red cloak doesn't come along and deceptively steal my vote again.
Voting in the current climate only encourages their validity when quite plainly their integrity has been in the red for decades.

May only your landing gear touch the ground, have a safe flight. :ok:

"Don't cut out my paper heart, I ain't dying anyway
Take a look at eye full towers
Never trust them dirty liars
Sippin' lemon yellow booze 'ole' leadbelly sings the blues
All dressed up on wedding day keep on trippin' anyway" Scott Weiland