PDA

View Full Version : Cathay pay scales

Mungo Man
28th Feb 2008, 13:13
I've managed to find the FO scales, confusing as they are, but I couldn't find the SO pay scale, and that is what I'd probably get if I were succesful so can someone please help me out?

Anyone care to try to explain the history of the various recent paysacles?

Tahir
28th Feb 2008, 15:33
Hello,Check this link out.
http://askcaptainlim.com/content/view/294/78/

and i have a question from you.Which Flying school did u choose to be a Pilot?
And how did u build enough hours?

BigLebowsky
28th Feb 2008, 18:45
Hi, I can't find any info on UK pay. If anyone can tell me what a DEFO in the UK take home on an average month that would be great. Also how many days can I expect to be away in a month if I get the job? It might be that this info is out there already, but I can't find it. The only thing I know is that the salary on offer is about £45000.

flynhigh
28th Feb 2008, 23:59
Under COS 2008 first year SO will be paid $33179. I hope this will help...

MidgetBoy
29th Feb 2008, 03:02
Odd, Captainlim's chart said they'd get paid less than CoS08 even though the last update was in 2007...

Mungo Man
29th Feb 2008, 09:00
lebowski - FO pay is on PPRUNE see http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=295764

Thanks for the link Tahir - I went to a variety of training schools in the US, the UK and Australia. I flew as a PPL for 6 or 7 years before instructing to build enough hours to join an airline.

flynhigh - think that $33179 is a monthly salary....

Can anyone explain what these cos scales are?!

BigLebowsky
29th Feb 2008, 15:10
Thanks for the link, I've read that but it doesn't really answer any questions. I know the starting salary is about 45k in the uk for DEFO, but how much money will I make on top of that? And how many days a month will I spend away for the pleasure?
I spoke to a mate in Dragonair today and he thinks it depends on if you're pax or cargo. Does anyone have the low down on the difference (pros/cons), after 5 years of SLF I'm inclined to go cargo, but starting to think maybe pax is a better route?