PDA

View Full Version : CX Spouse Interview

El Lobo Solo
28th Feb 2008, 07:30
I've read in numerous places that CX invites (or do they pay for?) your spouse/significant other to attend your HKG interview. Does this still hold true?

What if said spouse/significant other cannot make the interview (though highly motivated) due to work, family, or other complications? Would that be held against a potential candidate? Would they reschedule for a time when both parties could be there? Is it favourable that you are both there or neither at all?

Thanks to those who are in the know.

skywaytoheaven
28th Feb 2008, 10:44
Quite a few guys at my 2nd interview with wives who couldn't make it, they all passed.

luvmuhud
28th Feb 2008, 10:46
El Lobo Solo,

Cathay will bring your wife up to HK for your second interview if you are applying for a DESO position. The only part of the process she is involved in is the cocktail party (actually more like 'after work drinks and nibblies')........she's not interviewed (or interrogated)....the main reason for Cathay paying for her to come up is so she can have a look around at Hong Kong.

They won't mind in the slightest if she can't make it.......as long as you don't tell them that it's because she 'couldn't bear the pollution and the crowds'.

Good luck with the application process.

lmh

El Lobo Solo
28th Feb 2008, 18:48
Thanks for the info gents.

Cheers and beers!

powerstall
7th Jul 2008, 05:11
Well, if they do find out that they're just being used as a scapegoat or a "passing-over-work", do you think they would be happy? if they find out that you do intend to resign as soon as the crisis ends in north america... if was in their place i wouldn't be too happy.....

just my two cents worth :ok:

Dan Winterland
7th Jul 2008, 05:52
And along with all the other 33 year old single male applicants from Dallas, Texas - I don't rate your chances too highly now!