PDA

View Full Version : Blocked pain above eyes (quick response, it's annoying me!)

Put1992
27th Feb 2008, 15:03
Im assuming it's my sinuses.

I was swimming for about 45 minutes earlier, and started doing handstands and rolls over in the water, then when i got out, i had this pain.

Cheers

Hufty
28th Feb 2008, 17:56
Sounds like water in your sinuses. If you were doing handstands then it is probable that water has got up your nose into your sinus cavities and now refuses to drain out.

You can help it along by doing the following:

Kneel down with your head on the carpet, getting your head into the most upside down position as possible. Lift it up a little then lean your head left to right a few times then lift your head back up so you're looking face down at the floor. Lean your head left and right a few times again and during all this some of the water should drain out. You may have to raise your head completely for this to happen. If you have inflamed your sinuses then it might be trapped up there, but some decongestants should open up the passageways and it will work its way out in time.

I would also seek medical attention in case you have an infection and I wouldn't fly until you've seen the GP.

uklocations
28th Feb 2008, 19:11
I'm gonna try that Hufty.

If I do much underwater stuff, I'm dizzy and sick for days afterwards. I've tried plugs and nose clips, nothing seems to work well.

Hufty
28th Feb 2008, 19:31
uklocations You may have what people call "patulous eustachian tube" where the tube is open to the middle ear all the time....water will be able to freely get into your middle ear through the back of your nose / throat if this is the case. I am sure you would already know it though as you would have additional symptoms.....

Alternatively, you may have a perforated eardrum - a small hole that is letting water into your middle ear through the drum whenever you get water in your (outer) ear. Either way, a good ENT guy will be able to help you diagnose your problems......if I were you I would stay out of the water though!!!

All the best and good luck solving your problems!