PDA

View Full Version : Entourage address book into Outlook Express?

Binoculars
27th Feb 2008, 13:30
Short and sweet, just as the title plays. My full address book including all members of the aero club in bulk format is in Entourage. Now that I'm using my PC laptop for most club stuff, does anybody know if it's possible to import the address book from Entourage to Outlook Express?

Atlas Shrugged
1st Mar 2008, 04:06
Binos,

Not sure. Never been a Mac user however I have had one occasion where I needed to convert something from Windows to UNIX format and Edit Pad Lite did a fairly good job of it, although I can't really remember exactly what I did or how I did it! :ugh:

It's freeware and available from www.EditPadLite.com. I use it as my main HTML/VBScript editor and thinks far better product than NotePad which ships with Windows.

Click on "Convert" in the toolbar and select your from/to option and follow the prompts (if any). You may have to manually reformat it but at least you'll have the data there. Other than that, here's a link to a forum which might have the answer:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20050109010758399

Saab Dastard
1st Mar 2008, 10:01
If you can export your address book from Entourage as a .csv file, you can then import that into OE.

.csv is a comma-separated text file format, and is application / OS independent.

SD