PDA

View Full Version : Flight Deck Visit

srimath
27th Feb 2008, 06:48
Hi.
I am flying from HYD to SYD via KUL. I always had a desire to visit the Flight Deck. I was wondering if I could request the crew. Any suggestions

Oneil
27th Feb 2008, 08:05
:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Skintman
27th Feb 2008, 12:02
Have you not been on Planet Earth for some time? Flight deck visits were stopped after 9/11.:{

It can be done though once the plane has landed and SLF are disembarking.:D

Skintman

Pax Vobiscum
27th Feb 2008, 16:07
Welcome to PPRuNE, srimath! We're not always this grumpy, but your question is often asked and is doubtless a candidate for the new FAQs thread.

While Skintman is correct that in-flight visits to the flight deck are no longer possible for North American and European flights and on all flights by North American and European operators, I understand that it might just be possible on an Asian operator during an Asian flight (I assume you're travelling Malaysian). In which case, why not make a polite request to the cabin crew? Be prepared for a stern refusal, however!

srimath
27th Feb 2008, 17:31
Thanks Pax and Skintman. I am a newbie to PPRuNe. Maybe I should have used the search function first.

ReallyAnnoyed
28th Feb 2008, 17:03
If you change that to UK and North American operators, you are correct Pax Vobiscum. Here in Europe (you oddballs on the island are not really Europeans :} ) you can still visit the flight deck, if the cockpit crew feels like it. Done it myself. Granted, I have an airside pass in the UK, but that was not required to visit the flight deck.

There are many differences between the way the UK CAA and other NAAs interpret things.

So, in conclusion, ask. The worst you can get is a no :)