PDA

View Full Version : AIRLINE FIRE CAT vs. AIRPORTSī

BESTGLIDESPEED
26th Feb 2008, 17:35
I was wondering...

As almost none of my airlineīs destination or alternate aerodromes of operation coincide with those airfieldsī fire categories supposed to be at or above the fleetīs , ....

besides the ICAOīS Annex 14 stating all SARPīS and RECOMMENDED PRACTICES for the AERODROMES to comply with in order to be able to offer a certain fire fighting category to any same or lower rated category aircraft ;

Where can I find ( if such documentation exists ) the same SARPīs but , analogally, related to AIRLINES supposed conduct of the operation of their fleets according to the above related catīs ?

Is it stated that operating BELOW the aerodromeīs fire fighting cat is allowed ?

:confused:

THX

747dieseldude
26th Feb 2008, 19:56
It is stated that you are required to check that the services at the airport are adequate. It does not give a guideline as to what is adequate.

In my airline, we must have a fire cat. equat to our a/c category for scheduled destinations.
We can go one category lower for alternates and single ad-hoc flights, explaining this as the frequency of movements will be less.

BESTGLIDESPEED
27th Feb 2008, 05:29
OK.

That helps dieseldude.

THX