PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue Cadetship

737pnf
26th Feb 2008, 10:02
I'm under the impression that VB may be working on the release of their own cadetship program. Does anyone have some professional pilot rumours regarding this?

187nj
26th Feb 2008, 10:30
Reaux,

I just tried to google this bad boy and couldn't find anything.

I'm going to make some calls.

Check back in an hour or so.

BUSH PILOT
26th Feb 2008, 22:56
Any news so far? Sounds interesting:ok:

mr.tos
27th Feb 2008, 09:41
Geez, shortly cadetships will be the only way to learn to fly.:eek:

QF, QF Link, REX and VB now all offering cadetships...!

forgetabowdit
27th Feb 2008, 10:47
Heard casually over a beer from management people recently that this was indeed the case or at the very least cadetships were being considered...

Nathan.Hunter
27th Feb 2008, 12:34
I hope this catches on in Europe!

187nj
28th Feb 2008, 08:48
I still can't find the lowdown on VB..

MrTos,

where did you hear about those cadetships you mention? any links?

mr.tos
28th Feb 2008, 09:25
REX: http://www.regionalexpress.com.au/CadetPilot/default.aspx

QF: http://www.qantas.com.au/info/about/employment/pilotsCadetInfo

QF LINK: http://qantaslink.bfound.net/detail.aspx?jobid=58265&CoId=189&rq=1

And apparently the VB one to come:ok:

forgetabowdit
29th Feb 2008, 12:05
Yeah no official links yet as there is no official decision yet. There is, however, a team investigating it as part of their overall pilot recruitment strategy... Stay tuned.

togs737
9th Mar 2008, 11:26
hey, any news? :}

heli_port
24th Oct 2009, 19:50
confirmed talks are in the pipe line...

Merh
28th Oct 2009, 02:56
"...You honestly think a Low cost carrier in australia is going to do a cadetship????:ugh::ugh:"

Had very good word from a Check and Training Captain within DJ that it is being seriously considered, and something is in the works. This was in the 1st quarter of this year, so the plan may have changed, but evidently not as far fetched as you seem to think.

Merh
29th Oct 2009, 01:40
16AoA,

I'll decipher my previous post for you, seeing you didn't do a very good job of it.

- It is not 'my rumor', and I specifically said that I had 'Good word' from a 'Checky'. That should point out that it was mentioned verbally, and there is no document. :ugh:

- The 'Checky' is someone embedded within VB, who had heard a lot of talk internally about this, during that stage of this year - I appreciate things may have now changed

I agree, there will most likely not be a CPP for VB in the current climate, or around the corner. I was merely discounting your idea that a VB cadetship was extremely far fetched, when the airline had given extensive thought to it, and it may eventuate down the track.

forgetabowdit
29th Oct 2009, 12:26
You actually think VB is going to pay for cadets???

Like Qantas does? Or is $100k plus what it costs to get a CPL/IFR nowadays...:ugh:

Check your facts bud.

Good luck in the real world...

bddbism
30th Oct 2009, 04:53
whatever happened to EARNING your way into an airline, not paying your way??

Harden up princesses and earn some industry r.e.s.p.e.c.t. first.