PDA

View Full Version : BBC program to CD

rogerg
25th Feb 2008, 16:14
Hi guys, how can I download BBC programs from "play it again" in a form to make a CD. bbc2mp3 does not work anymore. What about the same question using "freeview"
Thanks

hellsbrink
25th Feb 2008, 17:24
What's the original file format?

There are assorted things out there that can convert files, but since I ain't got a clue about what the BBC uses I can't recommend anything

Andy Rylance
26th Feb 2008, 15:55
Why CD? Most PC's now play DVD's direct therefore you can record the DVD on the DVD recorder and play it on a PC. This goes for all things - I record a lot of radio shows onto DVD. I can then play it on the PC - if I then want to mp3 it to listen to as a podcast I found software to convert the DVD soundtrack to mp3.

Another one of the simplest solutions is to buy a Sony mp3 player. They record tracks into a microphone on the mp3 player into mp3 format. Bingo! Just play your streaming track from the web site on your speakers, record it on the mp3 player and there it is. Cost £29 for one of those. (or about) Then burn it onto CD.

Mr Grumps
26th Feb 2008, 16:03
If it's BBC iplayer video then Tunebite Platinum will remove the DRM bits which you can then you can use you program of choice to burn it to DVD. Lesser versions will do audio only and I think the Platinum one will burn straight to cd.

Tocsin
2nd Mar 2008, 13:59
I've had some success with a program called Audacity - it needs a little googling to find a separate file to interpret mp3 format, but instructions were simple enough (even for me!) to follow.