PDA

View Full Version : most accurate GB weather forecasts for non-pilots?

kpd
25th Feb 2008, 13:10
Which site gives the most accurate weather forecast for GB?? Has to be intelligible to lesser mortals i.e. non-pilots!!!

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
25th Feb 2008, 18:00
Absolutely no two weather forecasts are the same; no two forecasters give the same story.

However, as ordinary members of the public my wife and I tend to think the Channel 5 forecasts are more reliable than those on the Beeb, at least for where we live in southern England. And Lara Lewington isn't bad to look at either!

Midland 331
25th Feb 2008, 18:38
The Met Office website and metcheck.com are useful.

Airfield weather inplain language is available to Joe Public via "The Weather Pixie", which also displays the raw data for those of us who can understand some of it, although this tells what is happening, rather than what's going to happen.

Having said that, the two are often related!

r

kpd
25th Feb 2008, 21:26
Heathrow,Many Thanks. I wasn't sure if pilots used a different forecast to get a more accurate picture.

perkin
25th Feb 2008, 21:43
Try http://www.theweatheroutlook.co.uk

I find the long range forecasts to be really quite reliable, have successfully booked several weeks off work on the basis of their forecasts :)

Ian L
26th Feb 2008, 07:08
I find a pine cone and piece of seaweed to be far better than any published forecast. Cheap and quite decorative too!

Midland 331
26th Feb 2008, 16:32
A Midland buddy used to use a piece of seaweed with punters when they asked "When is the fog due to lift?"

r