PDA

View Full Version : National Flight Centre MEIR

CaptainKC
25th Feb 2008, 11:26
Hi

Anyone currently training for MEIR with NFC ?

tony2F
25th Feb 2008, 20:08
Yeah, I am what do you want to know?

CaptainKC
26th Feb 2008, 08:08
I know the instruction is excellent in the sim and the BUN I'm just concerned about starting with them and taking a year to finish like some guys I know have done before. One instructor for the plane was the problem but I think they have more instructors now??

I would like to go full time and finish in six to eight weeks, do you think this is possible now? How are you getting on in general?

Cheers
CptKC

tony2F
26th Feb 2008, 08:36
Hi CaptainKC,

The instruction is second to none by far and to be honest has turned my IR flying from a very average FAA IR to what I would call avery aware JAA IR, my situational awareness now from just looking at the instruments is great, i couldn't do that before, the adf before i arrived was non existant due to the FAA system. The BUN is a great stable old bird and lovely to fly, personally I'm very pleased I went there because the positives vastly outway the negatives. They do say that they're not perfect and honesty is what this business needs more of. There is now 4 multi IR instructors. They do, in my opinion need another twin. Like everything in aviation your time will be driven by you, and you can get it done in that time. Talk to Aengus about your situation. I've been there around 2 mths now and I've seen all sorts of people come and go and some people plainly want spoon fed and given a license, obviously this dosen't work, if you've got the determination these guys will go out of their way for you.

Realistically the twin situation there is currently a problem at the moment. Things do seem to take longer there but generally its down to weather , it has been awefull the past 5 weeks. All in all i'm glad I went and have seen quite a few of the students go to the airlines. If you need anything else PM me and i'll give you my no.

Good luck