PDA

View Full Version : Formulas

ariel
25th Feb 2008, 09:49
Bit of a long shot, and I don't quite know where to put this question, (so apologies if it's in the wrong place)

Is there a book, or website address (or anything at all), which lists all formulas, (or an example of formulas), used in the ATPL/CPL subjects - (ie, met, nav etc), in the same place?

Whirlygig
25th Feb 2008, 09:58
Not that I've found but, when I was studying, I put each formula, nemonic, conversion factors etc that I found into a little notebook which I carried with me.

I would try to memorise these at every opportunity.

However, now I've done this .... you've given me an idea! :}

Cheers

Whirls

degothia
25th Feb 2008, 10:31
I did the same thing, but with index cards. It works realy well for me to first look the formulas up and then write them down as a part of the lerning process. I eaven thought of getting the lift formula as a tatoo...

Whirlygig, I have had that idea too, mayby I will beat you to it;)
D

ariel
25th Feb 2008, 11:49
Thanks for the replies. I think I can guess what the ideas are - good luck!

chris-squire
25th Feb 2008, 15:13
Today's Pilot has the conversion factors listed. I 'Googled' Pilot Conversions Factors a while ago and it came up with a host of sites that had it.

I'm just starting out as you may have seen from my other posts and rekon the little notebook trick is a great idea to memorise the formulae and conversion factors. Who ever said PPRUNE has lost its usefullness for newbies!

CS :ok:

transfer jack
25th Feb 2008, 16:30
PilotsReference.com

:ok:

Avyator
25th Feb 2008, 18:29
Do you have that reference guide yourself, or anyone else? Happy with it?

Alex Whittingham
25th Feb 2008, 21:08
Composed by one of our students..
http://www.atpforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1169

ariel
26th Feb 2008, 11:30
Alex, thanks very much for the post.

I was PMd by another PPRuNe member yesterday, who very kindly sent me exactly the same file, the contents of which are really useful.

Thanks to everyone who responded

Dane-Ger
26th Feb 2008, 12:03
Thankyou Alex, and thankyou to the person who took the time to create the document. A very usefull reference tool.

Capt Narcissus
27th Feb 2008, 19:27
Hi,
I found heaps of info on this site, well more for beginners
www.pilotfriend.com (http://www.pilotfriend.com)
Cheers