PDA

View Full Version : Kalitta Guys going ALPA?

nitty-gritty
25th Feb 2008, 04:25
At the last DFW job fair, I heard that one of the now defunct Kitty Hawk Airlines MEC was talking to the guys at the Kalitta table in which the Kalitta guys seem unhappy with the Teamsters now and are looking at ALPA. The Kitty Hawk MEC guy put them right on his cell phone with ALPA President Prater. Pretty handy.

Since then, I have heard some more grumblings about making the change from Kalitta guys. Anyone hear anything more about making the change at Kalitta?

Earl
25th Feb 2008, 14:46
Not in the know here, but heard they just got a major increase in the salary here with the teamsters.
I turned down a job with Kalitta a few months ago because of travel issues. pay hotel during training etc.
If I remember the package correctly you had to pay your way up North, Pay your own Hotel, attend training at your own expense.

And you only get paid 2,000 usd a month for this.
Thought this was a slap in the face.
But in the last few weeks I hear that the contract improved due to the teamsters.
Now you are saying you want to bring ALPA in?
The biggest failure in aviation history?
Better stick with the Teamsters, they mix concrete, ALPA destroys companies!
Proven Facts!

411A
25th Feb 2008, 15:02
Hmmm, those with slightly longer term memories will remember that Connie simply will likely fold up the company if he doesn't especially like the union, just as he did with American International et al.

Then, turn around and purchace the certificate, and start anew.
Of course, he may have mellowed in his later years...suspect not.:}

trashhauler
25th Feb 2008, 16:58
ALPA isn't any better. 411A probably has it right. :ugh:

Junkflyer
25th Feb 2008, 17:48
No serious mention of changing unions going on. Many of the guys who have been here a while are unhappy with the new contract. Yes some raise in pay, but not really much, except for new-hire which was substantial compared to the old rates. Home basing is now in the contract which is a plus.
Earl is correct, initial ground school (just over a month) is on your own nickel with training pay at $600/week.