PDA

View Full Version : How do you know you're ready for groundschool brushup?

G_STRING
24th Feb 2008, 09:58
Sounds a silly question I know.

Do you make the choice to attend groundschool yourself, or is it up to the school you are studying with to make the decision if you are ready or not.

(I've done the progress tests for the module I'm studying, but am not sure if I'm up to the required standard to attend the brushup)

pipertommy
24th Feb 2008, 10:29
Hi,
Take you are doind Bristol GS or similar?Its up to you when to book the brush up.If you have completed the course work and tests ans feel its all you can do at this stage then go for it.
I would say not many people go feeling 100% confident!I certainly did`nt!!
The brush up is excellent,they will show what parts to concentrate on.The feedback is top class also.
It is hard going with the volume,but thats why your there at the end of the day.
Try the Bristol groundschool online question bank.The style of the questions are exactly as per the exam.Highly recommended:ok:
Good luck

londonmet
24th Feb 2008, 11:12
You're ready when :-

1) You've completed all the progress tests and said reading.
2) You feel like you don't know anything, in fact you feel like you might know less.
3) You feel like you're going round in circles!

L Met

Deano777
24th Feb 2008, 12:18
G-STRING

The brush-up course is your best friend, trust me, you will go into it feeling like an idiot, after week 1 you'll feel even more like an idiot, after week 2 you'll be chomping at the bit to get the exams done.
Also don't put too much pressure on yourself for a 1st time pass in everything, it's alot of work and failure doesn't matter, just retake any that you fail (if you fail), but the added pressure exerted on oneself can have a detrimental effect

Good luck :ok:

G_STRING
24th Feb 2008, 15:08
Thanks for your replies

L Met That's exactly how I feel! (& hence the question), so hopefully, I might be sort of ready...