PDA

View Full Version : Pilot perks

mid_life_pilot
23rd Feb 2008, 18:28
Ok folks, similar thread to the take home pay - what I would like to know about is the perks on offer for the pilot and their family (if any!). Perks like free/discounted flights, accomodation/school allowances etc.

So how about this info on your replies:

Airline / Position held / Perks...and obviously any other benefits

Looking forward to your reponses....

hunterboy
23rd Feb 2008, 19:32
Alternatively, just send the info to HMRC directly.......

mid_life_pilot
23rd Feb 2008, 19:46
Alternatively, just send the info to HMRC directly.......

:) It does look a bit dodgy the way I've asked doesn't it!

Trust me, I have nothing to do with HMRC. I work in IT for a large banking organisatin in Glasgow and am currently planning my path to Pilot and at 32 I've been around enough to know the value of perks - plus, the other half wants to know what she might get out of the bargain whilst I'm having all the fun.

Sorry if it sounds too formal, if you want to use "I've heard..." or "My mate works for xyz and he gets" then thats cool :ok:

AboveMSA
23rd Feb 2008, 20:05
There are none anymore! :{

Heffer
23rd Feb 2008, 20:21
Time off.

No more 9-5 (or 7 - 10). Working one day a week for full time salary suits me fine for now :)

Cyclone733
23rd Feb 2008, 20:54
'Cheap flights' that are far harder to book than normal flights and sometimes more expensive than the ones you would normally book online. If you're really lucky they'll even send you the tickets before you're ment to travel.

On the plus side the view out the front end is pretty good

bonernow
24th Feb 2008, 00:28
Mid Life,

Check your PM's pal

Aussie
24th Feb 2008, 20:30
You get Staff travel, standby tickets... which are more expensive then confirmed tickets on other LCC! NICE!

overstress
24th Feb 2008, 20:54
None where I work except take your chances on the lottery known as staff travel. Salary and pension sums it up I'm afraid.

parabellum
24th Feb 2008, 21:24
Some employers will give you a loss of licence insurance, private medical insurance and a pension scheme that they contribute to as well as you.
Last one I worked for in the UK also gave us a chook and a bottle of Scotch for Christmas!

Wee Willy McGorbals
24th Feb 2008, 22:44
unless your prepaired to move to the middle east forget about perks

Arfur Feck-Sake
24th Feb 2008, 22:44
We get free stress counselling.

Dreamshiner
24th Feb 2008, 22:52
If you fly longhaul you are encouraged to sleep at work (bearing in mind there should be at least 3 pilots), I think that is a refreshing concept.

See what I did there? ;)

Paper Lad
25th Feb 2008, 00:19
Perks? yeah right!

The bean counters think that going to work is perk enough:{ the taxman then does the rest.

PL

VRSCSE2
25th Feb 2008, 02:38
How about $14,000 USD per month, 4 months off per year with full pay,
several roundtrip Intl' tickets per year, year end bonus, easy living in Shanghai and all for just being an A320 Captain!

CAT1 REVERSION
25th Feb 2008, 11:35
A friend of mine recently joined a company (well known UK operator) and was asked for £1.00 if he wanted a company lanyard for his security pass:ugh:

He will probably take 500kg extra fuel every sector now.....IDIOTS!

When will they learn:mad: