PDA

View Full Version : Air Contractors

MIKECR
23rd Feb 2008, 14:09
Just wondering if Air Contractors perhaps entertain low hours people - ie modular 350 hours. I notice theres a Glasgow base, any ideas if there recruiting just now or not?

FougaMagister
23rd Feb 2008, 14:20
There are no real crew bases at ACL. Crews are simply "based" near a airport from which they can position easily (a bit like NetJets if you will). However, not all "bases" are available for all recruitment intakes.

Air Contractors will only consider your application provided you have an ATR type rating. But if you do, then you can be recruited with low hours. However, they are currently overstaffed on F/Os so there probably won't be any recruitment for a while.

Cheers :cool:

hardcase
23rd Feb 2008, 14:21
there has been some low hours FO's been taken on in the past 18months. You will have to get an ATR TR before they will even consider your application.

there was some interviews recently, they are looking at 2 FO's a month for 3 months starting in Mar/Apr....I have heard that they are keen to have some FO's up in GLA, especially if someone goes sick/out of hours, etc

but as i said previously you will have to get a TR before they will consider you...:ok:

MIKECR
23rd Feb 2008, 14:46
Thanks for replies folks, appreciated. I dont have an ATR rating so guessing i'll be pi**ing against the wind!

Nother ventured, nothing gained though.

JW411
23rd Feb 2008, 23:18
Why don't you respond to TNT's advert in last week's Flight International for Second Officers on 747-400Fs with a Frozen ATPL, MCC and 250 hours?

That could just possibly be a little bit more exciting.

Platinum206
24th Feb 2008, 02:37
JW411,

Is there any online link to the TNT position do you know?

Tried the TNT site and also Flight Jobs.

Thanks

Oh an also tried google of course! ;)

Edit - Found it in another thread, thanks!

PCTool
28th Feb 2008, 18:55
I have got an ATR TR with almost 1 hour on type. I called Air Contractors about 3 or 4 weeks ago regarding recruitment of FO's and they told me that although they have taken people in the past with just the TR and essentially no hours on type, that now they were looking for experienced FO's. I cannot remember the name of who I was talking to but he also said that he had a file full of CV's of pilots with the ATR type rating. However, he also said to send in an updated CV in about 6 weeks...

FougaMagister
28th Feb 2008, 20:20
ACL will not discard a CV that has a current ATR rating on it. However, the most recent recruits have typically had hours on type, since they require fewer line training sectors. This in turn lowers the workload on the busy training captains/TREs etc.

That said, most FOs recruited last year specifically for the new MMX base were ab initio, so if you can take a hint... ;)

hotelmodemetar
29th Feb 2008, 09:15
I've heard that 5 FOs have been recruited to start in the coming few months, all of them have at least 300 hours on type.
all the best :ok:

Vin Diesel
29th Feb 2008, 09:59
You mentioned that the mmx guys were all ab initio, so if you can take a hint?

Subtlety was never my strong point so i've missed the hint. Ab initio i take to mean as from the beginning. So do you mean they were integrated students and went from the beginning with one school right through to fATPL?

I presume you're basically getting at the fact that they weren't modular students.

am I right or have i missed the hint!

DIRRIK
29th Feb 2008, 10:03
I think ab initio as first flying job without previous experience in commercial aviation.

FougaMagister
29th Feb 2008, 13:05
Vin Diesel - I'm afraid you've missed the hint. As mentioned before, ACL only recruit ATR-rated people. "Ab initio" here means with the type rating but no hours on type. As for integrated versus modular, ACL couldn't care less. Because I have to spell it out, the hint means that with a "dry" ATR42/72 type rating, I would recommend applying specifically for the MMX base.