PDA

View Full Version : Quick question???

sparx007
23rd Feb 2008, 06:45
Hi all,

I'm sorry if the answers are out there....just wondered if anyone could advise if a flight to become current again (PPL - 90 days 3 and 3) has to be logged as P2 or can it go down as PICUS thus credit towards P1 time????? Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Sparx

Whirlygig
23rd Feb 2008, 07:06
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=307013&highlight=checkride

This has been discussed on Private Flying. The upshot is that you should agree this with your instructor. It won't be P1u/s as that is only used for an LPC when you pass so it is most likely to be dual.

Cheers

Whirls

nick14
23rd Feb 2008, 21:03
cannot be logged as P2 unless you fly an aircraft that is certified as a 2 pilot aircraft. as this is for PPL i assume your not flying anything that complex, so yes dual or PICUS.

You must have flown 3 T/O and Landings within the preceeding 90days as sole manipulator of the controls.

Whirlygig
23rd Feb 2008, 21:46
You must have flown 3 T/O and Landings within the preceeding 90days as sole manipulator of the controls.
Isn't that just in order to take passengers? Most schools/club will have a more stringent 28 day limit, usually for insurance purposes.

Cheers

Whirls

nick14
23rd Feb 2008, 21:54
ah yes my bad,

do apologise!

:ugh:

mad_jock
23rd Feb 2008, 23:50
you can never ever be PICUS on a flight unless you are a FO on a multi crew aircraft or intergrated course.

I really do wish the CAA would issue some bit of paper to put this crap to bed. There must be thousands of log books out there with dodgy hours due to thier incompetence not issuing 1 sheet of guidance on this subject.

I have gone from zero hours to Captain with the same bollocks over the last 5 years on the same subject. Fo's now are do you sign it, is the company allowed to do PICUS, is this flight valid eve though you had to take the landing, do you have to sign every entry, will a company letter do.

I really don't know, I was a FI I filled all the boxes throwing a terrorhawk around the north of scotland with no radar service, vfr. Which had nothing to do with any of the skills required of being an ATPL.

CAA please get a bloody grip and do your job. It would only take the director of policy 10mins to define the policy and another 30mins to type it up and stick it on the web.

As the peeps don't seem to have a clue and zero reasources to actually check what you have logged i really don't think it matters what you log.

PS as an ex instructor you would have zero chance of logging it as anything other than dual if your outside 90days. Because otherwise if you were PIC I would be a PAX therefore it would be an illegal flight due the 90days no pax thing.

Whirlygig
24th Feb 2008, 00:06
Mad Jock, are you saying that when I take, and pass, my annual LPC, I cannot log it as P1u/s? If I fail, it's dual; if I pass P1u/s (not sure PICUS is still used?).

Cheers

Whirls

NB Helicopter ergo annual LPC!

mad_jock
24th Feb 2008, 00:36
Sorry I do aplogise whirly.

I must amit because I have been fixed wing and due 1000hours instructional time I have never been too fussed with PIC time. And the hours / sectors that I fly most of the other limits are a none brainer. One day gives me 3 approaches.

You are quite correct PICUS can be logged as part of a valid skills test ( not to up on rotary stuff.) Although I have never ever logged such tests as PICUS because I have never needed the hours. And most of our stuff is done in the sim.

And looking back you can't log PICUs on an intergrated course either its SPIC (student pilot in command)

And P1, P2 etc is not the JAR system. Its PIC, PICUS,SPIC, DUAL,Instructor

And gawd knows where your meant to log intstrument time because its just something you don't have a column for in a JAR logbook. I think most have been making it up for the last 6 years when they get to that bit on the atpl form. I Know i did, solo ref to instruments, how do you define that?. Radar vectors in class A in CAVOK is it instruments or looking out the window?

nick14
24th Feb 2008, 03:38
Well now im not sure you are correct on that fact as I am currently logging PICUS (P1U/S) time for my tests on my CPL training with an integrated school.

You can only log SPIC time for flights under instrument/simulated instrument conditions.

Nick

mad_jock
24th Feb 2008, 10:20
Stick to what your instructors are telling you. The intergrated schools know what they are doing and how their system works.