PDA

View Full Version : Billion Router disconnect problem

ZFT
23rd Feb 2008, 06:24
Help requested with a Billion 7100SG router please.

I’ve 1 LAN and up to 4 Wireless connections although the following is occurring on just 1 as well.

Until last week no problems, but now every 10 mins or so the Wireless disconnects on all 4 laptops with the Network Status showing “Acquiring Network Address” on all. It never does. (The LAN connections remain intact).

However a manual connect does work and the 10 minute saga repeats itself.

May be coincidental but at the 1st connect, the network key is lost. Canceling and re connecting does indicate the ****** key and it connects for another 10 mins.

The problem is apparent both with no activity and with activity.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Senior Pilot
24th Feb 2008, 05:03
It must be a conspiracy: my Billion G has run flawlessly for months, and chose yesterday to play silly beggars, too! Incredibly slow wireless, total re boot, fiddled for hours, re-set the WAN password, 10 minutes later it all came good for no accountable reason :ooh:

Fingers crossed, all OK now.

Did you try a reset? Pin into the hole at the back (marked "reset") with power on. You'll have to input all your settings, but it may cover your fault.

ZFT
24th Feb 2008, 09:57
Unbelievable. Cleaned all the accumulated crap out of the router, dust and dog hairs!!!

Played around with the passwords, changed them – All still connected after 90 mins. Listening to Steve Wright via the net as I write this.