PDA

View Full Version : ATPLS AGAIIIN please advise/help :((

A320sRcool
22nd Feb 2008, 03:52
Hello
Im in the middle of contlemplating redoing all my ATPLS Im stuck in a dead end job after completing my PPL in the US a few years ago and taking a Intensive ATPL course in 2004/2005 I struggled to complete ALL my exams with a certain school based in UK - I passed 8 with the final 6 scraping by a margin.
I d like to talk to any other students who have been thru the course again and advice from any professional/or tutors who can advise me what to do. My school kinda discouraged me when they said all the exam questions had changed since I last sat them. This has not diturred me as I work/see pilots everyday in my job . I just dont know where to begin and whether I should go to another school all together and all the costs. Also am really scared abotu the things I hear regarding Instrument training. I already spent so much money but i really want to earn the money Pilots make and hate being in a mundane job. Anyone whos been in my shoes or can advise/ even help with tutoring I would be very very grateful. I do not want to hear from people who discourage me thanks. But rather success stories and people willing to help me. Thanks:{

Whirlygig
22nd Feb 2008, 08:08
You need to have a definite plan of what training you need/want to do, a timetable for achieving that and an idea of costs and how you're going to finance it. Part of this plan would be to resit the exams since they've expired but, as you've find out, they don't last forever so make sure you know when you're going to be taking the CPL flying course.

As for the syllabus and questions; there will be changes but not that many assuming you did the previous ones under the UK JAA system.

As for school, Bristol Ground School has a good reputation - depends which school you were with but if you didn't feel happy with the tuition, then go elsewhere. You are effectively going to have to start from scratch again.

Cheers

Whirls