PDA

View Full Version : CX and KA interviews

speed787
21st Feb 2008, 21:37
hey guys, just want to know, how long does the whole interview process take for CX and KA? Also i heard there are interviews just for the overseas, what is the duration for that? Does it give you a slight dis-advatage?

thanks

speed787
29th Feb 2008, 08:05
some help any1?

stop, stop, stop
2nd Mar 2008, 12:17
I am not a part of Cathay in anyway (I'm one of those still trying to weigh up the pros and cons)

I have known two people get jobs from F/o regional to S/o Cathay and I believe the whole process took about 6 months. (This was last year!)

Hope it helps.

hongkongfooey
3rd Mar 2008, 00:10
Well, not with either but know enough guys to be of some help.

CX, interview process from whoa to go around 2-3 months, too many variables to mention tho, ie what position u going for, what base, what ur experience is etc. From notification of 1st interview to starting seems to take a minimum of 6 months ( happy to be corrected ).
2 interviews and a sim amd a cocktail party.

KA, as quick as 4 weeks from giving you an interview date to giving a start date, again, so many variables. If they want you bad enough ( lots of experience, and 320 experience ) it could be quicker, I think KA have hit a bit of a training backlog as they have taken about 12 guys from HKE/HKA in the last 2 months and that may put a small strain on the trg dept.
KA seem to be going for 1 interview ( combined personal and tech ) and a sim on the same day, convenient.

I guess any company that does'nt have to fly somewhere to interview you, ie. you go to them, would have to look favourably at you, but I don't know that its a disadvantage, other than it may take longer for them to visit your country.

Swush
3rd Mar 2008, 02:57
I've been in the cadet interview system since 1st stage last October and haven't had my management interview yet - It takes a while if you're resident in HK.

speed787
5th Mar 2008, 01:55
FYI- i am talking about the cadetship not DEFO or DESO,

so any ideas?

otrendycar
5th Mar 2008, 14:31
so how long does it take to get first interview usually? 2 months? 3 months?

bacou
5th Mar 2008, 16:40
Just send your CV and you'll know.
Don't think there is a rule that can match to everybody for the time between sending and getting an interview.
I even presume that some people send and are never given answer.