PDA

View Full Version : Where to do ME rating?

epsum
21st Feb 2008, 18:53
My current FTO made special offer for small turboprop rating + ME-IR + MCC theory all together for 8000 eur.. Currently i have fATPL, CPL(A) and SEP-IR.

Since that (special, as they said, offer), I had looked other FTO's, because I don't actually see any need for that small turboprop rating - but in current school all ME- flights are done with planes, which need typerating.

Had looked Malaga - they offer only ME-VFR (2200 eur) or ME-IR (IR from scratch) for 9000 eur. But hence I have already sep-ir, so I really don't feel need to do all the flying in sim's and waste some more time in school. Lady in other side of phone was polite, but strict and said that those two options are only, which they could offer.
Well, i keep searching on, in Canada - no luck ( they only wanted to offer me ME-VFR again, for 2000 cad).
Found nice airschool in Czech republic - on the internet they advertised, that ME-VFR + ME - IR transition course 3620 eur, but when I called them and asked to send me papers, they send me their real price list, which was quite surprising (price has rizen from 3620 eur to 6100), which made me think again.. Is any JAA approved flight school, who uses Senecas or similar and can offer simple ME-VFR + IFR transition for approx 4-5000 eur?
Or should I stick with current FTO and find the missing couple kilos and get all in one place, or had i missed some good FTO's?

ps, sorry for my written english, it's icao level 4, but needs some polishing;)