PDA

View Full Version : Mil Personnel Traveling Through Dubai, Abu Dhabi Should Read This Thread

Tigs2
21st Feb 2008, 16:12
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=314686

From JetBlast. Many of you may not venture there, but if you are travelling through the UAE this must be read.

It is worth a quick read, particularly as Easter Holidays are coming up. I don't know how accurate the press reports are but it is scary stuff, and if true, they have just stepped 50 years back in their tourism trade.

cooheed
21st Feb 2008, 17:29
THIS (http://www.fairtrials.net/index.php/news/article/list_of_controlled_pharmaceutical_substances_in_uae/) might help

cargosales
21st Feb 2008, 17:39
This gives more details.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7234786.stm

I guess they have some expensive new toys at security in DXB and AUH and someone is keen to show how well they work. Odd that they are targeting westerners though.

Scary stuff :uhoh:

st nicholas
21st Feb 2008, 18:11
What! Arabs target westerners never:ooh:

Chris Kebab
21st Feb 2008, 19:29
...the message being "check your flying suit pockets for any spare spliffs or tabs before you leave the UK":ok:

cargosales
21st Feb 2008, 22:58
...the message being "check your flying suit pockets for any spare spliffs or tabs before you leave the UK":ok:

or perhaps "check the soles of your shoes, in case you've accidentally trodden in anything 'undesirable', en route to the paradise that is the UAE" :(

November4
22nd Feb 2008, 09:25
This was on yesterday's Jeremy Vine show (yes I know....the wife had it on honest...!!) and they said about someone who had eaten a roll covered in poppy seeds at LHR before arriving at DXB. The seeds are prohibited and as they found some on him, he was arrested. Also legit prescrition and non-prescription medicines can fall foul of this as well.

Tigs2
22nd Feb 2008, 12:49
POP
If you read this, although I may becoming a little paranoid, I believe that this change in policy in the UAE, since they have got their new toys is very serious, and may perhaps warrant this subject being a sticky here (and jet Blast) for the next month. The fact you can now get jailed for eating a bread roll with poppy seeds on is fairly serious and people must make a decision if they should fly to/via Dubai.

saudipc-9
22nd Feb 2008, 13:31
Ahhhhh life on Mars. I don't know why they send expensive kit to Mars to explore when there is proof that aliens exsist right here on earth:ok:

Tigs2
22nd Feb 2008, 13:39
saudipc9

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

OCCWMF
22nd Feb 2008, 16:46
I'm currently in the UK. Should I be reading this thread?

Pontius Navigator
22nd Feb 2008, 16:52
I'm currently in the UK. Should I be reading this thread?

yes. It will convince you to stay here or at least out of there.

saudipc-9
22nd Feb 2008, 17:26
saudipc9

Tigs

I spent five years living on Mars (aka Saudi Arabia)

Tigs2
22nd Feb 2008, 17:32
aaaaah! Ok Thanks

thunderbird7
22nd Feb 2008, 21:30
Neurofen Extra is one of the scarey substances! Women of the UK must be drug-addled-she-devils if its so dangerous!

rmac
23rd Feb 2008, 15:56
Very interesting to note the 3 poopy seeds on the Swiss issue, just what are the diplomats doing to represent him. If such a thing had happened in Russia or China there would be hell to pay. But apparently we are still kissing arses for oil.