PDA

View Full Version : PrivateAir

Alaskan Timber
20th Feb 2008, 14:07
Hey,

On the web there is not much info available about the BBJ operations of PrivatAir. Info about the following would be very much appreciated.

I know they operate for KLM, Lufthansa and Swiss from AMS, MUC, ZRH. Will FRA stay or is it temporary ?

To my knowledge you fly 4 flights/month to the States. Dubai ?

What about cockpit and cabin crew are they happy or do most of them leave within 3 years ?

What is the minimum and what is the maximum salary for FO and Captain ?

Per Diem still € 50,-/day ?

Holidays/year ?

If not travelling from home base, are costs paid ?

Any info about selection ? I heard sim on Frasca or Beech-200. Assesment tests ?

Tax paid in Swiss on BBJ ?

Is there an extra legal pension ? How is the state pension if any ?

Seniority. ~ How many years FO to Captain ?

Medical expenses via social security ?

Thanks in advance for any info. I have to make up my mind the coming months. Leave a B737 job (FO) at a national carrier with low propects seniority wise, but with very good financial prospects. Working atmosphere good be lot better too.

saigona
6th Mar 2008, 19:13
Yeah, would be interesting to get some info about the above stated questions! Come on! Nobody from Privatair in this Forum?!

Honiley
7th Mar 2008, 09:00
I have a friend who is very interested in the B756 operation, so if someone from Privatair should appear....

Any recruiting going on?

wobi
14th Apr 2008, 20:42
Hello...

there is currently recruitment at PrivatAir!

Soon I do have an appointment for the 1st step of the recruitment process.

Is there anybody who has actual informations about the interview?

Thanks for your help..:ok:

EAM
15th Apr 2008, 10:06
Are they taking DEC or just F/Os ?

Iver
15th Apr 2008, 14:23
Which aircrafts are they hiring for? BBJ? ACJ? Do any of these aircraft actually do ad hoc charter work worldwide or just outsourced airline work like for KLM and Lufthansa?

Dani
15th Apr 2008, 18:20
All information is on the pprune. Make a search. They take FOs only, but most applicants are CMD already. Some get upgraded quite early.

You most probably get on the BBJ, ACJ ops is running out. Most of the production is done for LH, LX and KLM.

Dani

yoland
16th Apr 2008, 17:10
Its not the Company it used to be.A friend of mine left the operation last year.Very poor communication between flight deck and cabin crew.Morale low and the future not as bright as it might seem now that Lufthansa are calling the shots.Overcrewed on BBJ as airbus guys are converting over.Seriously think twice before joining.Its just another longhaul carrier in disguise.Grass is not always greener. :=

NOTSURE
17th Apr 2008, 05:19
This thraed is open for a while - not ONE of the insiders to give some relevant info -
either working so much that there is no time to reply
or
simply not wasting time on PPRUNE, 'cause You are having it so good:)

Would there be a prospect for DEC on BBJ for JAR licence type rated commander?
What terms and conditions?

C'm on speak up:cool:

Dani
17th Apr 2008, 06:27
No chance for DEC.

Dani

Iver
17th Apr 2008, 14:27
Converting from ACJ to BBJ would be tough. How can you give up that added comfort up front on the long-haul flights? 8+ hours in a 737 would ruin my back... I'd be upset too. :p

POL.777
5th May 2008, 10:10
How many interviews do they do a month at the moment?
I got an email from Privatair (couple of months ago) telling me that I can expect an interview when my number in sequence is up, and that the recruitment is ongoing.

Seems that things are slowed down a bit now in PrivatAir.

Any insights?

Iver
14th May 2008, 12:58
Did Privatair just start scheduled service between MUC and Dubai using A319CJs? Or could that be just a few charter flights?

MAINT737NG
14th May 2008, 18:57
they started there scheduled service to Dubai from MUC. NO Charter Flights.........they fly for Lufthansa under an LH flight number:ok:

Reimers
14th May 2008, 20:26
Also they will soon be flying from Frankfurt to Pune, India.
Next winter they will do MUC-BOS instead of MUC-DXB.

LimaVictor
15th May 2008, 09:47
Anybody who has done the interview and psicho tests on the first day, can you please give me an idea of what can I expect?

Iver
15th May 2008, 13:14
How many Airbus do Privatair have now? Do they fly anywhere other than Dubai? Do they ever do ad-hoc charter or just scheduled flying? Is Privatair hiring more for the ACJ or the BBJ at the moment?

I think I would prefer Dubai to Boston in the winter...

Kestrell820
15th May 2008, 14:56
1. PrivatAir is phasing out ACJ´s and buying new BBJ2´s.
overall there is a slight expansion.
2. They operate with the ACJ: MUC-DXB 6 times a week, and from 01.07. FRA-PNQ 6 times a week.
3. They take only FO´s, some of them where already CMD´s, but are hired as FO!
4. They only hire for BBJ
5. Have some communication problems from Mgt to pilots, but overall a very good company, nothing compareable to a big LCC.

Hope this helps a bit,

Cheers Kestrell

Dani
22nd May 2008, 09:00
TR is not a must but it gives you better chances. There is no bond, but you don't need it anyway because you will stay for a few years.

Iver
22nd May 2008, 13:44
Kestrel and Dani,

Thank you for the fine information for Privatair. Very good info. I would imagine the Airbus pilots are not too keen on getting into smaller BBJ cockpits for long haul flights in the future. The BBJ2 makes sense too given cost of oil and you need to spread costs across more passengers.

Any idea when the Airbus expected to be replaced? This year? Where have successful newhires come from recently? The LCCs or regional feeders - any examples?

And lastly for newhires, what is the attraction of Privatair? I am trying to understand that. Is it the promise of longhaul flying? Why would you leave a stable job (i.e Air Berlin, Easy or Ryan) to fly 737/A319s on just a select number of routes? Is Privatair that attractive that someone would leave a reasonably stable LCC? Any other benefits? No flame just curious.

Kestrell820
22nd May 2008, 17:44
Hello Iver,

1 Airbus is expected to leave this year, the other one next year.
Reasons why people apply to a certain job are always different, some like money,others the Aircraft type or route network etc...
For Privatair it is the so called "Lifestyle". If you see a normal month with 4 rotations with 3 days per rotaion you come to 12days working, the rest is OFF and STBY(But there is only an AVAIL system, meaning they call you at least a day before, so Privatair has NO! 60 min STBY like other airlines.
90% of the Pilots commute, wich is totally accepted by the company.
Destinations are fantastic: Dubai, New York, Houston, Pune(India), Boston(comming) and other new seasonal destinations are comming.
So to compare a LCC job, like eg Air Berlin, where you fly 5-6 days in a row, 3-4legs a day, than 36hours off, then again 5 days. 60min stby dutys, lower salary.. its up top everyone self. On the other hand you have no Jetlag, more routes, every night at home.
There are many reasons to join and also many not to join, but right now they don´t have problems finding people.

Cheers, K

Iver
23rd May 2008, 13:36
Great informations Kestrell. It does seem very appealing - 12 days per month of working would be great. You fly really nice aircraft types like A319CJ and BBJ (although I still think flying a 737 for more than 7 hours would be a little tight) to great destinations. Dubai and Pune would be interesting I am sure.

I think anyone who flies for Air Berlin, Easy or Ryan for a few years (with those many sectors every day) might find that type of long-haul flying very appealing.

One last question. Does Privatair still fly ad-hoc charter worldwide with either its BBJs or ACJs or do they purely fly scheduled service? If so, which fleet does that flying more?

Iver
2nd Jun 2008, 02:04
Do Privatair still fly worldwide charter with BBJs or ACJs or just scheduled flights with those aircrafts? I thought the BBJs used to fly worldwide charter in addition to scheduled.

Zacb
20th Nov 2008, 10:58
Hey im looking into taking a chartered flights, but dont know who to go with, ive heard Air Partner are pretty good, can anyone back this up?

thanks

NOTSURE
21st Nov 2008, 09:03
Hi guys,

I have tried to apply thru Privateair site (this is the only way possible), but got snagged on step ONE - they will only consider your application if You are 41 Yrs old, minus one day:rolleyes:
Wouldn't they consider, if You are a little over that, but have a thing called "experience comensurate with age";

I.E.: 43 yrs old JAR licenced 737 NG Skipper, 10000 airline ++hrs?

Any insiders to enlighten me on the path, or shall I just forget and look elsewhere:=???

And, I am willing to take that right seat again (with Privateair, that is), just to put my feet back onto European ground.... Any Insiders, PLEEEEASE!!!!

GoAround-Flap15
7th Oct 2009, 19:22
Kestrel and Dani

I am aware that Privat Air is not recruiting and probably won't be for quite some time, but just out of interest. You said most people are commuting, do you get staff travel as employee of privat air? If yes on which airlines and which conditions (ID75, ID90 or ZED fares)?

Thanks

Flygirl10
15th Dec 2009, 20:02
I AM SO HAPPY!!!I got an interview with Privatair in january 2010. (cabin attendant) I am very excited! :)

-Can someone please give me some information about what the interview/test/assesment will look like???

-When I will be based in Munich, will I only have scheduled destinations or also other (ad hoc) flights?

Thank you!

Flygirl10
20th Dec 2009, 20:19
HI MP767,

I am looking forward to this as well!!! Flying means everything to me!! Especially for Privat!
Hahaha..I did exactly the same thing..my German language knowledge needs to be refreshed so I looked for all the German study books I have!!!
I am from the Netherlands.....
My interview will take place on the 8th of January..yours??

Regards,

Flygirl

Lear Jockey
20th Dec 2009, 21:26
Good luck girls!

That's cool, unfortunately not the same for pilots ;-)

Take care

lellos07
31st Mar 2010, 08:51
hey there..anybody knows if there will be more interviews goin on in the near future? or trainin...
thanx