PDA

View Full Version : New Route Info

GLA1
19th Feb 2008, 22:16
I've always been interested in keeping up to date in new routes being launched by airlines around the world and found justplanes.com a great source of information. Unfortunately this is no longer being updated.
Does anybody know of a site that would provide this kind of information as a central point of reference rather than searching individual websites?

Charlie Roy
19th Feb 2008, 22:18
www.theairdb.com

GLA1
20th Feb 2008, 00:08
http://www.theairdb.com/

Great site - thanks for the info.

Wellington Bomber
20th Feb 2008, 08:16
What a crock!!

If you look where Humberside airport, is it shows a gliding site in Pocklington East Yorkshire.

Humberside is south of the Humber in Lincolnshire:ugh:

Angry Rebel
20th Feb 2008, 09:37
It does seem to be a bit rubbish alright. Unless I'm really thick and reading it wrong in a couple of places, it claims that Aer Lingus serve, inter alia, Denver, St Louis, Seattle, and that they've just cancelled (today) about 15 routes from New York to places like Amsterdam and Faro...places they've never flown to.

The only explanation I can think of is some complication caused by code sharing, but AL are out of OneWorld aren't they?

The airport pages aren't bad on the other hand, despite a few quirks, such as on the Cork Airport page, they suggest Killeen army air force base as a nearby alternative. It notes that Killeen is in the US, but maps it on the Killeens in North Cork...

MUFC_fan
20th Feb 2008, 10:05
Connection flights?

You can book JFK-FAO and even across to KRK. There are loads.

Charlie Roy
20th Feb 2008, 10:48
If you can book Faro to JFK on Aer Lingus, then it shows up as an Aer Lingus route on theairdb.
If it is no longer bookable, it shows up as cancelled.
If next week it is bookable again, it will show up as restarted.

Jamesair
20th Feb 2008, 10:55
another good site for news on new routes, fleet changes etc is www.ch-aviation.ch/news.php it is currently updated on a monthly basis

airhumberside
20th Feb 2008, 11:20
If you believe that airdb site Air Malta have axed LHR-MLA and Eastern are the only airline at HUY. Seems very inaccurate to me

Cyrano
20th Feb 2008, 12:42
...yes, and apparently Aer Lingus have also just axed New York to Dublin and Shannon. Funny how the Irish media didn't notice that minor strategic change. :cool:

(I think the site probably needs to tighten up their newsworthiness filter so it doesn't highlight codeshare changes with the same prominence as real operation changes...)

frelli
21st Feb 2008, 12:16
I found small issues with www.theairdb.com (http://www.theairdb.com) in the past, a site that in general I love. After sending a feedback using the link at the bottom, those have been quicly fixed.

eastern wiseguy
21st Feb 2008, 15:31
Bet the good folks of Oban in Scotland are a bit ticked off.......they seem to have drifted out into the Atlantic!!

Yak97
21st Feb 2008, 16:11
...... and Manchester Bus Station is in the middle of the English Channel!!