PDA

View Full Version : servisair

flyflybaby
19th Feb 2008, 19:06
Hi all i will be working for servisair soon in cork, ireland. I would like to know what r they like to work for? i will be working at check in what is that like what is the training course like? I would like to know as much as possible before i sign the contract. Also are the uniforms really worth €400/£300. they told us if we leave before 6 months is up that is how much we have to pay. I'm freakin out what if i dont like it and i have to leave do they really make you pay.:sad:

flyflybaby
19th Feb 2008, 19:47
oh and do they keep people on after the summer

corkspotter
19th Feb 2008, 20:53
Howya Flybaby,

Also work for Servisair Cork and they are not the worst for. 1st I heard about the uniform!!! As for keeping staff on after the summer, all depends on your attendance and if there are staff needed after the busy summer schedule is over. Usually a few are kept on though.

Regards,

Corkspotter

flyflybaby
19th Feb 2008, 21:17
cool thanks. i heard some bad stuff, do you know what the shift times are? I am not sure what to do:bored:.

TOWTEAMBASE
20th Feb 2008, 12:31
I think you will probably find that they didnt mean JUST the uniform. It costs the company in the region of £1000 to get a head through the door. Thats training, admin and uniform costs. They never normaly claim ALL of the fees back, but its usualy along the lines of £400, and decreases the nearer you get to the end of your first 6 months. Its just so you dont get trained, ID,and then going running to a rival for more money :ok: Thank your lucky stars you havnt applied for a certain irish airline, you would pay for your training, uniform,parking blah blah BEFORE you have even walked through the door. :ugh: And...just a heads up, dont pay too much attention to other threads on here that has a link to s/air. Hope it helps a tad. Good luck ;)

flyflybaby
20th Feb 2008, 14:16
thank you. I will be signing the contracts tomorrow i can't wait:O
DO they pay by the week or by the month? and do they pay you from the first week?

TOWTEAMBASE
21st Feb 2008, 19:53
Depends on your contract but usualy monthly, you normly have to be on nil hours to get paid weekly, you get used to it quite quickly really :ok:

twhite1
1st Sep 2008, 22:09
I have just gained a position as Pax service agent at Liverpool and they are realy good so far. I dont know about Cork but the hours at Liverpool tend to be 0400-1230 or 1200-2030. Pay is monthly. I have been started on a part time contract however, ther is the chance after the 6 month review to promote to full time. Sounds like we are at the same stage :O

dany4kin
13th Sep 2008, 11:03
If I were you guys try your absolute hardest not to be late or call in sick during your 6 month probation. Obviously if you really are sick or stuck in traffic then you can't help that but if it's just because you've had a late night grit your teeth and get on with it.

You may get kept on but if they decide to extend your probation another 3 months (like they did with me) you'll be earning less for that time so do your best for that first 6 months! After that I guess the pressures off a bit but they do keep a close eye on that sort of thing so best behaviour!

Don't get yourself labelled as work shy or lazy LISTEN to what you're told and LEARN from your mistakes and you'll do just fine. In time you can prgress to team assistant or maybe even shift sideways into Despatch or Ops like me!

As with all jobs it's what YOU make of it. There will be people who will tell you that Servisair is rubbish etc etc. but although there may be SOME aspects of the company where improvements could be made, you'll be working on the whole with a geat bunch of people who do enjoy what they do. Don't let those who may not get you down, you know what you want from this job, whether it's a career or simply a foot in the Aviation door, it's up to you to go get it now. Those who don't like it should get on with it quietly or leave or maybe best of all try and implement those changes they feel are so desperately needed!

Finally:

Shift work can be tough; try and see the good points, like shopping midweek with no queues or missing the rush hour.

Passengers can make you mad; don't let one or two idiots make you do something you regret. We're not talking murder here but the wrong thing said to the wrong person could cost you your job.

Respect others you work with and learn from them; the airport attracts some real characters, some with incredible backgrounds and superb stories to tell. Listen and learn it's fab!

caaardiff
13th Sep 2008, 13:48
Spot on Danny4kin, couldn't have put it better myself.

Its the people on the front line that make the job what it is. The pay may not be great, and the hours aren't ideal, but the majority of people who work in the ground industry find the job interesting and no day is the same which helps the balance.

Once you have your foot in the door and if you get a permanent contract at the end of the seaon the pay usually goes up and your entitled to shift pay and overtime, and in most places your contracted hours may increase.

If you genuinely have an interest in airport or airline work, stick to what danny said and you won't go wrong.
All the best!

twhite1
12th Nov 2008, 21:15
thanks for that danny! some usefull tips and info ther! i am now 4 months into the job and still liking it! I get on with most people however, it is the job i am there for afterall. I definatly want to try gain a position as dispatch but just building my profile up for the mean time.

Thanks again for great advice!