PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Flying The Legacy ?

ABO944
19th Feb 2008, 14:11
Hi Guys 'n Gals

Just wanted to hear from those of you flying the Legacy.

What's it like ?

What's the going rate for an FO ?

Any Pros / Cons ?

Thanks in advance :ok:

bizpilot
21st Feb 2008, 07:46
Fred at Haughey Air is a world renowned expert on all things Legacy, or so he tells us!! Look out for G-MYGB around the bazaars and ask for him, everyone knows him.

Bizpilot

Unkle Fester
21st Feb 2008, 16:37
Marx my word, he does know everything about the E145, and with such a varied background, so much experience with so many companies to draw from.

:ok:

Belgium Legacy
21st Feb 2008, 22:09
It's almost like flying a real airplane. Serious, what kind of answer do you expect? It's bizjet with a range around 3200 NM

The going rate depends on where you work and who you work for.

FM is a brother of JV???:)

pilotbear
23rd Feb 2008, 22:51
Why answer a question if you have nothing adult to reply to it, clearly you know everything about everything and never have to ask..........:ugh:

Good job we don't have to fill a personality test before joining pprune or maybe not.....:E

EMB170
24th Feb 2008, 10:33
Legacy is a good machine, if you compare it to other aircraft in it's price class.
big cabin, big cockpit, huge luggage compartement, compered to anything else in business aviation, except BBJ,ACJ and other big machines like that of course.

please do not compare it to GV or Global they are more than double the price and of course they are double the range .

Quality of interior is not brilliant,but hey they got to save somewhere.

I would say the biggest draw back is it's maintenance schedule, ie if you are based away from a maintenance base it can get fairly akward, as maintenance intervalls are close together and similar to an airliner which, essentially it is!

the range is possible, have done 3150 once, but good wind conditions and close by alternate.
Regulary doing stops on 2400nm legs as winter brings very strong headwinds and alternates in africa can be a long way away!

I think it's a good plane to have on your licence as they seem to sell like hot cakes at the moment, i believe 36 deliveries alone in europe in 2008.

hope that helps.

PS: stay well clear of fred he is a nightmare !!!!!!!!

ABO944
24th Feb 2008, 10:42
Thanks for the constructive replies ! :ok:

Kent BeTrue
26th Feb 2008, 15:38
Hey Pilotbear,

Just curious, what was the constructive and adult comment you contributed, or did I miss something.... :ok:

Sorry, couldn't help myself

pilotbear
29th Apr 2008, 21:13
I didn't make one as I had nothing of value to contribute to the posters question even though I do fly a Legacy 600. I usually find that the most constructive action. You clearly did not:ok::E

JJflyer
29th Apr 2008, 23:04
If we can all get over being so bloody constructive. Could someone please tell me what kind of salaries are been paid in Europe, Africa and say CIS for Legacy Captains.

Broad spectrum is fine AOC holders to private individuals. I am interested in flight pay, per diems, rotation patterns basically all the benefits and T&C's

Still flying "Heavy Iron" but I have an offer to fly the Legacy and would need some background info on the matter to barter a good deal.

pilotbear
4th May 2008, 10:05
really does depends on who the offer is with and you need to take into consideration that you will find airline to corporate a culture shock:ok:

JJflyer
4th May 2008, 19:56
Yes well then

I have several years of corporate and VIP experience with King Airs, Cheyennes, Citations and Boeings, I guess I can handle the shock of being re-introduced to this type of work again.

It is numbers, terms & conditions I am after.

Chomeur
5th May 2008, 07:14
I got £82K + car + Loss of Licence Insurance as Captain with a private European operator. In return I never knew if or when I would be off, and was asked to fly insane duty hours.

JJflyer
5th May 2008, 11:18
Thanks for the info. Appreciate the input. This gives me some bargaining chips with the owner. Not sure yet how this will work but I feel a regular "T5" coming :} Hopefully we can get the T&C sorted out as I am tired of flying long haul and being gone all the time.

Spit15
30th May 2008, 10:03
Hi pilotbear, don't suppose you are aware of any legacy operators in europe who are currently in need of RHS guys..??? Am currently RHS 145 airline looking to move into corporate. Have approached all the usual suspects but sometimes insider knowledge is more up to date than the press..!!!

Any info / nods / winks appreciated

Cheers

flugfisch
30th May 2008, 15:16
At the moment DC-Aviation looking desperatly for F/O´s. They will get some more Legacys soon.

Spit15
30th May 2008, 17:54
Thanks Flugfisch. Are you by any chance working for DC?? Trying to find some info about them... not much on here though. Rosters, bases, Pay etc. PPJN mentions Munich and Stuttgart... just wondering whether "open bases" implies commutable..?? Any other info or links you know of would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Spit15