PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Thanks......

Squawk7143
19th Feb 2008, 12:28
Just a quick thanks to the folks at Lossie on Sunday afternoon. I was flying a Cessna 172 and wanted to come in over the town to carry out a couple of orbits. Folks on 119.35 were kind enough to allow me to drone around for a while. Eventually they advised me of helicopter traffic to the South tracking North at 4 miles range.

Sunday was quite hazy and a C172 does not have the best visibility, especially in a turn. I could not catch sight of the traffic for the life of me. So I advised Lossie that I was still not visual with the traffic to be told he was now around 2 miles positioning for an approach to Kinloss. Eventually I suggested I clear to the east imagining the helecopter would remain South of me to position overhead Lossie . In fact as I completed my final orbit ( now heading Easterly) I caught site of a Chinook tracking North same level as me and converging, probably about 1 mile range.

My initial reaction was to continue heading East assuming he would want to turn inside of me to setup for Kinloss. However he continued North so I quickly turned South and watched him go down my port side at about 1/2 mile range. Nice view !

Anyway I just wanted to say thank you to Lossie ATC and the Chinook crew for their patience, hope I didn't cause you to go too far out of your way.

OCCWMF
19th Feb 2008, 15:18
Aeroplanes go up and down too.....:E

r2_unit
19th Feb 2008, 19:07
Squawk7143,

Good job fella. Take no banter from people who're not yet cleared solo on the TV remote never mind a heavier than air machine...

AIDU,

We wait and wait for you to say something, ANYTHING intelligent - and still you deny us.

How much longer??

Bob Viking
19th Feb 2008, 19:34
Are you going to stand for that sort of banter?!
I wondered how long it'd take someone to take the p1ss!
BV:E

harrogate
20th Feb 2008, 00:19
Ah assumption. Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups.

Still, it's better than being the mother of all f*ckwits, eh AIDU?

Epimetheus
20th Feb 2008, 07:08
Thread drift alarm, but is AIDU the reincarnation of SAMURAIMATT?

There are more than one or 2 small similarities

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Feb 2008, 07:19
AIDU has the ability to say what most of us are thinking and wind up just about everyone in the process...................it's a gift that most military folk would love to excel in but more often than not fail to achieve :D

Winco
20th Feb 2008, 07:47
AIDU,

What is the matter with you man?

Here we have a chap, probably a PPL who may or may NOT have made an error of judgement, we don't know, who makes a perfectly reasonable post on PPrune to thank the Air Traffickers and the Chinook crew for helping him out, and your responce is slag the guy off!

You really are a nasty little person who clearly is unable to see anything constructive here.

Well done to Squawk7143 I say, for having the courage to come here, amongst us military types and say 'thank you' to those involved.

Maybe you could take a leaf out of his book AIDU and say 'I'm sorry for being such an arse'

The Winco

Squawk7143
20th Feb 2008, 08:12
AIDU......

It was a simple thank you to intelligent people.....but since you appear to need pictures let me draw you one.

Kinloss via CAC from Lossie is Lossiemouth and turn left mate...not North over the sea as a general rule. So since I am orbiting at the coast and in the Lossie radar overhead it's reasonable to expect the Chinook may want an early westerly heading (South of the coast) to fly through the Lossie overhead enroute for rwy 26 at Kinloss. Since he is on UHF and I am on VHF I can not hear his intentions. So sensible course of action is to maintain the status quo until I am visual with him or told to do otherwise.

I roll out of the turn to see him at 1 o'clock he is tracking North as I have been told. I am thinking if I take avoiding action immediately and he was intending to route Westerly via the Lossie overhead then I will cut right across his path. So I wait a few seconds continuing Easterly until it's clear his intention is to continue North over the sea and I initiate a standard right turn for traffic from the right. Clearly the professionals in ATC and the professionals in the Chinook had already elected to route around my orbiting position. Of course I did not know that in advance since I am not on the same frequency as the Chinook. So I make no changes of height and as I roll out the turn I maintain an easterly heading so that I keep him visual until I understand his intentions.

Mine's a tea please and yes I would like a newspaper thanks.:)

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Feb 2008, 14:04
"Well done to Squawk7143 I say, for having the courage to come here, amongst us military types and say 'thank you' to those involved."

Thought you were a civilian Winco ?

Occasional Aviator
20th Feb 2008, 14:30
Squawk7143,

Thanks for sharing this. If I get a good service from ATC, I too will ring up and say thanks. It is courteous and professional, and just adds to the shared understanding that leads to a safer, happier and more effective atmosphere.

Don't listen to whingers.

nav attacking
20th Feb 2008, 14:45
AIDU:

With useful comments like that are you by any chance in an MOD PR branch?:ugh::ugh:

For god sake keep your crappy unintelligent comments to yourself or only PM people. You are one of a few who are giving the Mil Side of PPRuNe a very bad name. Every thread you seem to contribute to descends into mindless, badly aimed, ill educated comments. If you wish to keep advertsing yourself as a complete t:mad::mad:t then go onto a different forum.

Just try to remember the wide audience that this forum has and self moderate your comments. That or maybe the rest of us will start a petition to get your IP address banned from this one.

Kitbag
20th Feb 2008, 14:50
NA just stick him in your ignore list- I did and I believe several others have. Life is so much more pleasant surfing these fora without his pathetic comments polluting the screen.:}

airborne_artist
20th Feb 2008, 14:54
He's on my ignore list - I'll support his removal from the forum. We don't need him.

nav attacking
20th Feb 2008, 15:03
Kitbag and AA:

Does the ignore list stop you from seeing his pathetic posts or just from him PM'g you?

Whilst he is still contributing posts he is doing a lot of damage to an already low reputation in the minds of the public. He needs to go!

airborne_artist
20th Feb 2008, 15:13
The ignore feature still lets me know he's posted, but it's not displayed on screen unless I click on the display button. Not sure if it stop him from PMing me - I had one from him a while back, but before he was on my ignore list.

r2_unit
20th Feb 2008, 18:30
airborne_artist,

You've just made my week with that piece of pprune intel.

Kitbag,

Nice use of the plural for 'forum' fella :ok: any chance of giving me a hand with my ISS?

Op_Twenty
20th Feb 2008, 18:38
Good post Squawk, believe me, a significant bunch of us mil types are interested in all forms of aviation and that includes yours, good to hear from you.

Chaps, think AIDU may have got the message now...maybe we can all chill a little, good points though...

Winco
21st Feb 2008, 10:56
SFFP

I am!! but I still have this uncontrolable need to fall back into my 'military' mode when I get on PPrune!

Anyway, even as a civvy I applaud Squawk and still think that AIDU is a ignorant fool!

All the best
Mr Winco!!

Occasional Aviator
21st Feb 2008, 11:00
Just in case it didn't come through on my previous post, I heartily agree with the last speaker!

GPMG
21st Feb 2008, 11:19
http://www.seomoz.org/images/upload/simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg

God I'm such a child sometimes.

Magnersdrinker
26th Feb 2008, 13:08
Well Squawk I actually seen you on Sunday at Lossie coming over the town, and about 5-10 mins later on my way back home I seen the Chinook at about 1500ft heading towards Kinloss as I was at 202Squ heading on the back road to Elgin at the time. useless info but i did see you both as its unusual to see Mil traffic over the weekends.