PDA

View Full Version : What age is too old to be a VIP F/A?! Only honest replies pls!

mooguy
19th Feb 2008, 07:40
Hi All

I am interested in getting back into VIP/Corporate flying after a hiatus of almost 3 years........... does anyone know of any companies hiring, heard something about Arabsco....

I did a lot of work, 2 years with former PM of Lebanon, then Jet Aviation Zurich-also freelanced with a cupla operators on good money-you name it I did it!

I live in Sydney and have both an Australian and Irish passport and am willing to relocate. I am 41, and despite being energetic and experienced, I am gonna ask the hard question here-is 41 too old to be trying to re-forge a career in private aviation? :confused:

I had not anticipated wishing to return to the industry at my age, however due to a marital breakdown, Im now at a bit of a loss, the related jobs I go for here in sydney just are not happening....and work in a high brow book store just doesnt really cut the mustard!

When I worked in VIP, I mainly really enjoyed it, though hated the all too frequent dirty politics which inevitably came with the territory. I always just wanted to work hard, and play hard and went sick only 2 days in almost 5 yrs of VIP flying. I always felt you could be in a job one day, and gone the next, and that even the younger girls were dispensable. Then I got quite burned out, prior to meeting my husband, the job I did at the time I then had to quit from, as one could'nt be married and fly at the same time in that particular comp.

To anyone who replies, hey, I appreciate honesty, honestly! I just hear the VIP world everywhere is getting more and more cut-throat, mind you I was hearing that almost 10 years ago too.......

Ps-Hope I didnt bore you all too much!

thedeadseawasonlysick
19th Feb 2008, 08:12
Personally, provided you "scrub up well", the ability to run the back end efficiently, without constantly refering to the flight deck, is far more important. All depends on the owner, of course. Some like eye candy, but then moan when their favorite meal doesn't appear.
If you can order the catering, get the cabin cleaned and keep the owner happy and at the same time keep the pointy end fed and watered, then you get my vote every time.

P.S. You must be able to make a decent cup of tea!

flightlevelchange
19th Feb 2008, 14:05
Mooguy

Have you thought about Netjets Middle East or Europe, also a lot of companies in europe are looking for experienced F/a's to keep standards high, new kids on the block are ok, but nothing relates to a Experienced Corporate F/a.

Thedeadsea - dont you know how to make a cup of tea then lol,

Regards
FLC

Paradise Lost
19th Feb 2008, 18:02
Mooguy, you're still a spring chicken for corporate F/Aing. If you want to PM me, I can put you in contact with a company that may suit.

eggorbeans
19th Feb 2008, 19:11
Aaww- what a lovely thing to say Paradise Lost- just what a gal wants to hear!

mooguy
21st Feb 2008, 10:29
Thanks all of you for your replies.

So-now I get a feeling its okay to keep applying for jobs at my age-isnt it terrible to even ask the question really?

I will start the task of sending Cvs's.....ringing up, etc etc.

Hey!! If anyone of you guys out there know of anyone hiring........please let me know. I am very honest... I've been both hired and fired in the past and make no bones about it. I don't see the point. But I know I am a good F/A and a hard worker, who lasted in many an operation that others would'nt have-and to me that is the most important thing.

Oh, I did work briefly for Netjets Mideast, but clashed with the then Chief bottler Washer......hey, it was not for me, nor me for them apparantley. I no longer take crap, and only want a normal job with somewhat normal people!

:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
21st Feb 2008, 10:40
sums up the entire Flight Deck's needs.

seriously, age is not the problem, the problem is the ability to do ALL the work, and not expect the catering to be loaded, and the cleaners to clean.

Good hunting....glf

BIZJOCKEY
22nd Feb 2008, 03:25
If you don't want to relocate too far! Then it sounds like it could be BJETS for you!! They haven't started recruiting FA's yet but they will be v soon.

Get in early and you might be the one doing the hiring and firing instead of being on the receiving end!:ok: